Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Nice start Croxy!

Both locos run v nicely - well mine do!

The Metcalfe kit is fun to build too. Look forward to some pics.

Dave G

philwhite

A few new purchases for me courtesy of eBay, all North American switchers which I love.

Bachmann S4 - Run's great and has dual DC/DCC as standard, oddly both the front and rear lights remain on when running, initially I suspected a defect but looking into it this is normal.

Arnold S2 - Basically Arnolds interpretation of the above realised in the late 80's, nowhere near as refined but quite nicely detailed especially the cab. Annoyingly this model is plagued with a split gear problem and my example is no different, although it runs very well there is an audible click from the bogies, there are several methods to fix this so watch this space.

Atlas RS-1 - Another great model from Atlas which runs as well as any of their models.

scotsoft

Quote from: Croxy on November 07, 2013, 03:21:33 AM
Well no photos yet but I just received my first two "new" Locos from the UK this afternoon.....

A GF Deltic Prototype and a Dapol Black BR late crest Pannier Tank and a Metcalfe Village Shop and Cafe kit.

I recently bought a DP1 just because I like the look of it and I am very happy with it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: philwhite on November 09, 2013, 02:15:44 PM
A few new purchases for me courtesy of eBay, all North American switchers which I love.

I especially like the B&O switcher, I have a few B&O locos and passenger cars from different eras.
One of my favourite is my B&O Doodlebug  :heart2:

cheers John.

trainsdownunder

Quoteboth the front and rear lights remain on when running, initially I suspected a defect but looking into it this is normal.

Think you may find on some switchers there is only a single bulb with a plastic strip providing a light channel.

Nice locos

Croxy

Quote from: daveg on November 07, 2013, 08:51:12 AM
Nice start Croxy!

Dave G

Well I've set up a little test track and have run in the GF Deltic prototype...runs beautifully.....the Dapol Panier Tank is running in as I type...running well but it's a bit noisier than I'd hoped. Have given both a bit of lubrication. Hope to post some pics of my rolling stock shortly.....now waiting for my DMU and some new passenger coaches to arrive.

:thankyousign:
If you like it run it......

scotsoft

Both will get quieter the more you run them  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Bealman

All wonderful acquisitions, folks! Ah... a doodlebug.... wonderful machine, and one of the reasons I still have a softspot for American modelling.

Prototype Deltic - on me wish list (along with that damn Blue Pullman  :D, eh NPN). Glad to hear it's running cool.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

Today my mother decided she wanted a ride out after a short stay in Hospital  :hmmm:

So we headed out westward in the car and just happened to come across a shop called Hattons  ;)  :-X

I came home with these two brilliant coaches  :hmmm:

They really are stunning models with great detail and very free running  :claphappy:

Just wish that Farish would realise that the tops of rolling stock also weather  :doh:

dave  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Very nice, Dave :thumbsup:
Just how much was that season ticket to Hattons please? :D

davieb

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Well it is the nearest model shop open on Sunday  :thumbsup:

oops..........Forgot Transport Models now open on Sundays until Christmas  :doh:  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on November 10, 2013, 11:01:47 PM
Forgot Transport Models now open on Sundays until Christmas  :doh:  :)

Oh poo - that's going to make their normally glum faces even worse ::)
Maybe Liz should dose them up with laughing gas each Sunday morning :laugh:

Croxy

Quote from: daveg on November 07, 2013, 08:51:12 AM
Nice start Croxy!

Dave G

Well here are some photos of my collection so far. The rolling stock was all bought about 20 years ago as well as the two older GF Locos.....the Dapol Panier and the GF Deltic are new. I'm still waiting for a DMU and some passenger coaches from the UK....

Old GF Loco

Old GF Loco

On the left is my 20 year old GF (still runs great) and my new Dapol on the right......this photo really shows how much more detail there is on the newer model.....

The difference in detail between the older Locos and the newer ones is significant....so much better now.....

Now to get going on an actual layout!!!

Thanks, Mark.
If you like it run it......

Bealman

Love those coaches, davieb! Nice setting, too. Great rock faces!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

trainsdownunder

Ebay success last week resulted in this pair of Kato  F3A 's - both are powered. Cost me $70.

They are for a future project so will undergo a completely change livery at some point.

[smg id=8096][smg id=8097]

Newportnobby

Nice little collection you have there, Croxy :thumbsup:
What's encouraging to me is the comparison between the old GF pannier and the Dapol one in that dimensionally they seem very close (I have 2 x GF old ones)
No doubt someone will now shoot me down in flames :worried:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations