Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I have just spent the day with the best railway club  I've known a really friendly bunch of guys who call themselves the Bagladdies at the Sindlesham Clubs exhibition near Reading.a small but very nice all N gauge show .
I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door by two of the members who said they were glad I could make it ,( Thanks must go to Hailstone for picking me up and taking me home ) I helped them put up their modular layout as much as I could ,and also helped Hailstone with his lovely little shunting layout Tremierten .I did make one or two mistakes but I managed to sort them out without the hand of God  as Tonye and his wife  witnessed .All in all a brilliant day .
A Big THANKYOU to all the club members for making me so welcome .
Bob Tidbury

Chris in Prague

Snowwolflair

Always a pleasure Bob.

stevewalker

After working in a very badly run nursing home for 3 months, my wife put her notice in. Two days later the place was slated in a CQC report. On the same day my wife suffered an infection in her finger and ended up in hospital and having an emergency operation. It took 6 weeks for her to recover.

Two weeks ago she started at a different nursing home (which has just received "outstanding" across the board from the CQC). Two days of online training and then she stated her induction last week. She is finding it wonderful, incredibly well run, the residents really looked after and everyone really friendly.

She has 34 years of nursing experience, in both General and Mental Health. On starting her new job, she was told that after her probationary period, she would be promoted to clinical lead and her salary increased - but since then, they have offered her the posiiton of Night Unit Manager!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: stevewalker on April 08, 2018, 01:15:51 AM
After working in a very badly run nursing home for 3 months, my wife put her notice in. Two days later the place was slated in a CQC report. On the same day my wife suffered an infection in her finger and ended up in hospital and having an emergency operation. It took 6 weeks for her to recover.

Two weeks ago she started at a different nursing home (which has just received "outstanding" across the board from the CQC). Two days of online training and then she stated her induction last week. She is finding it wonderful, incredibly well run, the residents really looked after and everyone really friendly.

She has 34 years of nursing experience, in both General and Mental Health. On starting her new job, she was told that after her probationary period, she would be promoted to clinical lead and her salary increased - but since then, they have offered her the posiiton of Night Unit Manager!

Steve

Please pass on my congratulations to your wife, for both her recovery and her new job. From what I have read and my experience with a family member also working in the sector, her experience with the poorly run home is unfortunate not untypical.

Once an institution (be it care home, hospital, school etc) is saddled with poor management it starts a slide which is often unstoppable. The loss of quality staff such as your wife is inevitable if they are undervalued and not allowed to use their skills for the best.

Hopefully the old home will be forced to turn it around and may your wife enjoy the new job she deserves  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Congratulations to your wife - somebody obviously appreciates her skills and experience, (as I am sure you do!  :)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Thank you skyline2 and Danny Boy. It certainly looks like she has found the right place to utilise her skills, dedication and care - and judging by the way they treat the other staff and the residents, a place where everyone can feel appreciated and cared for. This home too was a failing one, but was taken over 2 years ago and is now rated outstanding and is in the top 4 for Greater Manchester.

Newportnobby

Having reported in the Angry Thread some shabby dealings with Evans Halshaw last Friday morning.......
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=659.msg501662#msg501662

I went down there this morning prepared to do battle with the Workshop Manager (aka the Enemy at Evans Halshaw) but was intercepted by a young chap who enquired what my issue was. He thought he knew a simple 'reset' but it didn't work so he said he'd book the car in, that it was certainly a warranty issue and there would be no charges whatsoever. He got the car booked in a week earlier than the chap last Friday could and they will be collecting/redelivering it at no cost (evidently standard practice for warranty issues if desired by the owner).
A completely different and refreshing attitude to the  :censored: I dealt with before.
I'm a happy bunny :)

dannyboy

Good result Mick.  :thumbsup:. But it does raise the question - how can two employees of the same company have such a different view of what is/is not allowed?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: dannyboy on April 09, 2018, 12:16:25 PM
Good result Mick.  :thumbsup:. But it does raise the question - how can two employees of the same company have such a different view of what is/is not allowed?

Indeed it does dannyboy, but this sort of thing is 50% of the problem with any company these days. You get someone with a poor attitude and modern management techniques won't deal with it for at least a year (if at all), in the half-wits annual review.

@Newportnobby , glad you got a better result and didn't have to go to an independent, fingers cross they actually turn up to take the car now.

Skyline2uk

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chaps.
It was a bit 'chalk and cheese' and I wish I'd asked for the Friday blokes name. His attitude stank and I was quite prepared to tell Evans Halshaw I'd be reporting them to Ford, local Trading Standards and the Motor Ombudsman (thanks @Lawrence )

Bealman

My wife had a similar experience with the local council last week over a rates issue. She got in a heated and unpleasant phone conversation with some  :censored: (male).

However next day she got talking with a lovely lady in the same office, and while the issue is not completely resolved, it's a much better result.

It's all in the attitude, methinks.

Glad you got a good result, Mick. :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

Not what I was searching for, but I've just found Graham Farish 371-169 Class 37 409 'Lord Hinton' DRS livery. :claphappy:

Don't remember buying it, and indeed I thought I'd missed out on it. :dunce: I really must crack on with cataloguing my stock.

daffy

Senior moment, RG?  :hmmm:

But nice all the same! :thumbsup:

Similar thing happens in our house every now and then, though it's more of a case of my wife finding some loco or wagon she didn't remember me buying. :worried:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations