The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Pegasus and trkilliman are right in what they say, but I have also noticed that if you put 'n gauge' in the ebay search box, quite often there will be some other gauge that shows up in the search - clearly not a seller fault, but an ebay fault. That annoys me.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

trkilliman

Yes I'm always careful when advertising on ebay.
I always preview the ad' to sort of proof read it. Of course none of us are perfect and mistakes can be made.

I do think that sometimes pic's are taken from a distance and can/to throw you. Interesting to see how this pans out as I have asked ebay to sort it. I'll let you know via this forum as any of us could be in a similar position, with something maybe :no: quite expensive.
Not a huge sum of money involved in this instance, so it must be the Victor Meldrew in me rearing it's head  lol.

I have been buying and selling via ebay for around 12 years. I have a large 100% positive feedback score, because I take care with the ad' details, post quickly, and put some thought into the way I package items (many years in Royal Mail enlightened me)

cudders

Fed up of threads on here with no bloody photos. So many where you cant see any as they have moved their online files.

Come on guys get a grip  :thumbsdown:

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Ian Bowden

Went to pick my apples yesterday. Not one left not even a windfall. One of my neighbours asked me last year for some I suspect she has had them all this year - unfortunately no proof

Newportnobby

Quote from: cudders on August 24, 2017, 09:21:46 PM
Fed up of threads on here with no bloody photos. So many where you cant see any as they have moved their online files.

Come on guys get a grip  :thumbsdown:

Cudders

@cudders
Out of our hands, Cudders. Photobucket, for one, have severed all the links unless you pay an exorbitant fee to them, so any pics I linked from Photobucket to the forum will have gone and the same will apply to many others.

austinbob

Maybe if anyone is interested in seeing photos that have gone missing, they could PM the originator for a copy or to repost. (if photo is still available).
I'm sure most forum members would be happy to oblige.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

Quote from: Ian Bowden on August 27, 2017, 12:00:21 PM
Went to pick my apples yesterday. Not one left not even a windfall. One of my neighbours asked me last year for some I suspect she has had them all this year - unfortunately no proof
I would just mention to her that you have been spraying them with hormones  to promote the growth and unfortunately the apples are not fit for human consumption this year.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

broadsword

Quote from: Malc on August 27, 2017, 03:07:21 PM
Quote from: Ian Bowden on August 27, 2017, 12:00:21 PM
I would just mention to her that you have been spraying them with hormones  to promote the growth and unfortunately the apples are not fit for human consumption this year.

Inject them with Ebola virus and she won't be picking your fruit in future !

RailGooner

Fed up of threads on here with no bloody photos.

Why do you want to see photos of blood and gore? ???

Ian Bowden

Quote from: RailGooner on August 27, 2017, 05:10:28 PM

if I find out who nicked my apples I will oblige

RailGooner

Quote from: Ian Bowden on August 27, 2017, 10:49:08 PM

Just bought a 3 metre telescopic fruit picker - great fun. Didn't have many apples this year though due to woolly aphids.

Ian Bowden

I have one of those it will be handy to pick the two or three apples I have left very high up on my cooking apple tree. My neighbour hasn't a tall enough ladder

daveg

Plenty of apples on our single Bramley.

The sheep in the next field have been enjoying the windfalls so far.

Last year we had so many we couldn't give them away and were taking crate loads down to the local pub that breeds pigs; brew their own beer too!  :pint:

I understand that cookers aren't good for horses as they can bring on colic.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on August 27, 2017, 10:57:13 PM
Quote from: Ian Bowden on August 27, 2017, 10:49:08 PM

Just bought a 3 metre telescopic fruit picker - great fun.

Hmmm. You don't live next door to Ian, do you? :hmmm: :uneasy:

RailGooner

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations