Immobilising Loads on Graham Farish BAA Steel Carrier Wagons

Started by Yet_Another, May 28, 2018, 11:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

I now have a couple of these (377-903), and very fine they look too. The problem is, all of my stock lives in foam trays, and is taken out and put back per operating session.

The loads on these wagons consist of loose steel coils, sitting on loose cradles, which I don't fancy having to arrange every time I move the things by hand.

I've bought, but not yet had cause to use, some Tacky Wax; will this suffice to hold all these parts in place, or do I need something stronger?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

RailGooner

I've used Tacky Wax on containers. Boxes 'tacked' years ago are still in situ on their wagons - stored boxed and in the spare room. Try Copydex for a firmer, yet still removable bond.

Snowwolflair

Copydex might affect paint as it has ammonia in it, try a little dab of PVA as it can be peeled later, or cleaned off if you make a mistake, as it is water based.

bluedepot

I used tacky wax too.

works ok. some need re sticking every so often but easy to do.

Tim

Yet_Another

Thanks everyone. I'll see how the tacky wax does, but I have a large pot of Copydex in reserve, should the need arise...
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

scruff

I stuck mine on with tiny blobs of BluTac.. so far they haven't moved. I just had to make sure they were well hidden.

Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations