Farish Class 37 Split Head Code Locos

Started by Jaguar68, March 24, 2018, 09:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaguar68

Hi chaps,

what work would need to be done to one of the Poole production Class 37 to produce a reasonably accurate split head code loco and what paint schemes would be suitable?

Thanks in advance

John

EtchedPixels

There are/were replacement resin noses for the class 37 variants. Not sure what are still available but I'd check with BH Enterprises and also see if anyone here has any in their 'collection'.

With those you just swap the noses, paint the new ones and attach.

It's still got all the other old 37 problems (shape, length etc) of course!
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Jaguar68

Quote from: newportnobby on March 25, 2018, 11:01:14 AM
@koyli55002 might be able to help but I don't know the age of his.................

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40685.msg495671#msg495671

I was lucky enough to purchase a set of the split head code ends and a set of centre headcode ends from KOYLI 55002 a little earlier this month. Other than removing the air horns from the roofs I'm wondering what else i need to do to create a split head code class 37.

Regards

John

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

koyli55002

Roof detail was usually slightly different - extra ribbing on the splits as opposed to the centre headcode versions. Depends what specific loco you are aiming for and what number the donor is really .....

davidinyork

Is it really worth putting a lot of effort in? The old 37 is a very basic model, and the new one is so much better in every way.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations