New Class 40, repaint / renumber ?

Started by Dalek, February 06, 2018, 08:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Hi

Has anybody had one of the new ones of these renumbered and the name removed from Mauretania ?
Sure I've seen a picture of one, or did i imagine it ?  :hmmm:

Craig

Skyline2uk

There have been a few of these re-numbered / weathered.

Anthony Sutton of West Coast Resprays has done at least 2, have a look on his website (pictures also appeared on his company Facebook feed and the Forum feed).

Skyline2uk

Dr Al

I've renumbered mine and removed the name.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

martyn

Dr Al;

I've also removed the name and re-numbered mine, but the number transfers broke up a bit.

What transfers did you use for the numbers, please? I'm looking for the first ten prototype locos-I can only find sets for later series versions. Did you use individual numbers from, eg, Fox?

TIA

Martyn

Dr Al

Quote from: martyn on February 06, 2018, 09:38:48 AM
Did you use individual numbers from, eg, Fox?

Yes, I used a Fox individual number sheet.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

martyn

Many thanks, Alan.

That's what I was dreading :O)

Martyn

Dalek

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%