PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: acko22 on November 11, 2016, 10:47:48 PM

available to purchase as of the 26th November on the project website

I am going to have to put a note in the diary - fortunately I am working nights on the 26th,  :) so will have a half decent internet connection - if I was at home, I would be struggling  :(. I can not see them lasting too long before the 'sold' sign goes up!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

acko22

Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Graham

have to put a reminder in the calendar for 11am (Melbourne time) on 26th so I can get the order in.

well done.

cheers
Graham

red_death

It was a great privilege to be involved in today's service and ceremony and it is testament to Gareth's ideas and ultimately hard work that it went so well.

Freightliner and all involved did a great job and it was incredible to be able to see a VC and talk to the family of Wilfred Wood VC.

Thoroughly moving. I've got a load of photos that I will try to get posted up when I'm home tomorrow evening.

Cheers Mike

acko22

Hi all,

Well it was the morning after the night before and my feet are still killing me! Who thought on a depot in the space of 8 hours your could cover 19 miles walking!
Yesterday is only just really sinking in as I calm down and become more human than the state I was in yesterday running round like a blue a**ed fly, it was an amazing day even with all the stress and rushing around and the feeling now is just pure elation, and the question "knowing what I know now would I start this project from scratch again?" YOU BET, it has been hard work and I know I can be a bit of a task master and pain but everyone has really come together on this and made it such an amazing feat.

As I have said I had the idea but it was everyone coming together that made this happen, and that on a personal note as a serving soldier makes me proud to actually serve knowing that everyone was so willing to make this happen!

One of the things I have learnt over the past few days though isn't so good  :-[ I am better off not trying to paint my own models! I am rubbish at painting!! But the flip side to that I can say I have painted my own real life locomotive helping in doing the final touch ups on Thursday ready for PATRIOT to have her big day!

I know the guys from my Battalion who came were really honored to be part of the event even with the quote "When are we doing it again?" and "Can I have a drive?" which just made the feeling of the whole day coming together and well proves there is a bit of railway in all of use maybe one or two new N gauge modelers  :D

On a polite note for those that were there sorry if I made you jump out of your skin as the guard was ordered on, but everyone should know we like to shout in the army!  :smiley-laughing:

As yet I am still waiting to get the family pictures of the day but one I have is of the miniature nameplate plaque which will take pride of place in my model room:

*Just a small note for any would be burglars out there in the world I have access to weapons and a Scottish other half, fear both but mostly her!*

Finally to answer the question of the models:

There are some artwork tweaks to be done for the models but I am kindly been hosted by Revolution / Rapido at Warley and all things been equal we should have a deco sample ready for then and on display, with the models available to order on the project website the same time as the gates of hell Warley open, with the completed models arriving on your door step early next year.

Just so you are all aware there is no pre order system before then as honestly with the day job fitting everything in has been a struggle already and I don't have the time to add that into a todo list which is never ending!

Owe and a small note for me to remember: At a naming is pays to move fast for the post naming reception food I didn't even get a look in!!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Mustermark

Congratulations Gareth.  A truly wonderful day for you and a fantastic achievement. The mini nameplate is a real treasure.

I wish I could have been at Crewe to see the engine. I am hoping to be able to contribute To the project by taking delivery of a miniature version. I have set my alarm for early on 26th.

Just a thought... I think £105 is very reasonable, and wonder if your website might have options to voluntarily add a £5, £10 or buyer-specified amount to bolster the funds raised.  Like with the Poppylino, many of us were happy to pay the extra tenner. I wonder, would I be buying one if the price was £115 or £125. I'm sure I would, so why not... the extra goes where it's needed.  You have already done a great job raising awareness and it'd be great to see your sales maximizing the fundraising total.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

acko22

Hi Mark,

Thank you for you kind words.

With regards to making an extra donation to be honest I like your idea but the admin behind it could become complicated, so for those wishing to make an extra donation go directly to the ABF website https://www.soldierscharity.org/#

As to the price of the model 105 was choose as it is more than a standards model you can get but at the same time not over pricing itself out of the market. I want the models to sell reasonably quick and make sure they all sell as any that don't will impact on the money going to the ABF, also as there is another 2 names and models to be done I need to use the time as best I can which means any straggling models could take up time better used for getting things ready for the next naming and model.

Regards

Gareth

Croxy

An excellent achievement....I hope to be able to purchase at least one in support.

Well done!

:toot:
If you like it run it......

dannyboy

The models are up on the website on 26th - any particular time? - cos I want one !!! If the models go on sale at 00:01 I will stay up to get my order in from home, ( :censored: web connection permitting), otherwise, if you wanted to release the models at 19:00 I will be at work so should have a much better chance then. I realise that this would mean people sitting around all day waiting, but, I don't care  >:D, I want one!! (Seriously, good luck to all who want one but please remember me, who lives in the middle of nowhere with very poor internet, water from a well, no mains gas, although I do have electricity, so don't rush to get your orders in  :thumbsup:). Okay, I think I have made my point.  :beers:
David.

cornish yorkie

:hellosign: Well done Gareth, a fantastic achievement, could you please say what time on the 26th as I will be working most of the day  :thankyousign:
    regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

acko22

Ok Gents,

I said the opening of Warley and Doh I forgot they have 2 times one for advanced ticket holders and another for people paying on the day!
Let me get back to you on that one in the next few days!

acko22

Hi All,

Ok well the moment has arrived:

If you want a rare opportunity to ride on the foot plate of a real freight service then this is your chance if you go to:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/project-railway-honour-raffle-ticket-freightliner-cab-ride-2016/

You now have the chance to get your ticket(s) for a cab ride on a FL service from Crewe to Carlisle with a return on a Virgin Pendolino. The tickets are just £5 each a bargain even if I doo say so myself.
The online sales will end at 16:00 on Friday the 25th November tickets will be available at Warley on Saturday the 26th at the Revolution Trains stand where you can find up on stand C31.

The winning ticket will be drawn at Warley on the 27th November.
The winners details will be passed to Freightliner who will contact the winner to organise a suitable date and time although please be aware there is a need to be flexible as those in the know will vouch for timings can change.

Terms and Conditions:

You must be over 18 to enter
You will be responsible for travel to and from Crewe
There is only one place available for one person to travel on this service
If at any stage you cause an issue to safety you will be removed for the service and neither Freightliner or Project railway Honour reimburse will you for any costs if you are removed.

Finally a nice pic of Mike Hale, Cpl Gareth Atkinson and Ben Ando taken at Crewe on the 11th after 66418 became "PATRIOT"
(Courtesy of Mike Hughes)

dannyboy

Why is Crewe not in Ireland  ??? :'(. Good luck with it all.  :thumbsup:
David.

acko22

dannyboy

My sister might be able to manage the Irish Sea, me - I struggled to do a length of the swimming baths  :goggleeyes:
David.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations