Pullman coaches

Started by 1936ace, July 01, 2012, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all,I wanted to ask before I bought but it did not end up that way. Anyway on asking the people at hat tons they advise the pullman coaches that have are the blue ribband brand from farish. I asked as the boxes and prices were all different but I sent an email to them with the part numbers and they said they were all the newer ones.
So I ended up buying some and as I have no idea what ran with what(I run no period just play train but like to have it look right) did I do it righqt by buying a rake consisting palour,kitchen,bar,kitchen,palour and what brake or parcels or luggage vans went with ones. I have the new mk1 guv and ful brakes but any info very much appreciated
Bart

Newportnobby

Hi Bart,

In my ignorance I asked Farish why there was no brake car and was informed there was no Pullman brake for that period and this was borne out by the expertise of the membership of the forum. They just ran with a bog standard maroon brake, though whether this could have been blue/grey or other livery I don't know.

Sprintex

And in the spirit of "aesthetics over originality" I run my umber/cream pullmans with a choc/cream brake coach, just because it looks right  ;)

Paul

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sprintex on July 01, 2012, 01:35:47 PM
And in the spirit of "aesthetics over originality" I run my umber/cream pullmans with a choc/cream brake coach, just because it looks right  ;)

There is some prototypical evidence this happened now and then for real. The current ones get run with pullman or brown/cream stock at times. VSOE has a pullman generator coach. There's a stove-R in pullman colours that's running with some heritage stock too.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

edwin_m

The Met-Cam Pullmans as modelled by Farish were used on the Eastern Region so a choc/cream Mk1 brake would have been unlikely in normal service.  Initially they used older Pullman brakes but later on they were not exclusive formations so part of the train would be blue/grey non-Pullman stock. 

Newportnobby

Quote from: edwin_m on July 01, 2012, 08:26:56 PM
Initially they used older Pullman brakes but later on they were not exclusive formations so part of the train would be blue/grey non-Pullman stock.

Thanks Edwin - at least I now know I can get away with my old Pullman brakes :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations