Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

what can I say ?

FABULOUS  :thumbsup:

straight lines,
smart drill,
and loads of airframes !

one question,

what is the rank with an SAC's three bladed propeller within a circle.

used, in my day, to be two bladed prop = LAC
three bladed prop = SAC
four bladed prop = Junior Technician/

Fardap

SAC Technician with a circle

Was tremendous and great to see so many Aircraft

Train Waiting

Totally agree - fabulous!

SAC Technician.

Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

The Q

Quote from: class37025 on July 10, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
what can I say ?

FABULOUS  :thumbsup:

straight lines,
smart drill,
and loads of airframes !

one question,

what is the rank with an SAC's three bladed propeller within a circle.

used, in my day, to be two bladed prop = LAC
three bladed prop = SAC
four bladed prop = Junior Technician/

SAC Technician, New JT's stopped being made in 2005, so except for a few who haven't been promoted or left since the change, there are no more.

njee20

Yep, was good. Surprisingly quiet on the Southbank too, sidled up at 12:45 for a riverside vantage point.

GroupC

At work this morning and unable to watch on telly or whatever, so I had a look at the BBC's news website and was very pleased to see that their report is extremely well illustrated with photos of the ruling elite and very few of real aeroplanes and the like. Still, I always feel my life is more complete knowing what the Royal Family have been wearing on these occasions. (this is not a republican comment BTW, just one regarding the journalistic content and editorial choices made).

Off to the iplayer I think (when Le Tour has done for the day).

Lawrence

Quote from: The Q on July 10, 2018, 01:38:07 PM

SAC Technician, New JT's stopped being made in 2005, so except for a few who haven't been promoted or left since the change, there are no more.

Typical of the powers that be, scrapped the most important rank in the RAF. Buffoons  :veryangry:

Cazadoom

Had a great advantage point from a taxiway next to 27R at Heathrow! Was awesome to see them bring Heathrow to a standstill!,

Pete @ EGLM

Mr Sprue

From where I was standing today in Havering, the Helicopters flew in a circuit before altering course for the city then shortly followed by the Dakota etc.

Amazing sights and sounds! 8)

RailGooner

Just finished watching the BBC coverage. The parade was brilliant. A long time to be on parade, and a they made it look easy. The 'RAF 100' finale was a fantastic drill move. :thumbsup:

The flypast didn't pull any punches, with all the latest and dark-shaded toys on show! :thumbsup:

Had a tear in my eye more than once. Fan- :censored: -tastic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't make out 101's Colours, but the recording is saved for future reviewing. :tv: Heaven.

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Caught a smidge of it on the tv via BFBS after our day task around the Gulf region.
Agree that the QCS drill element was superb and the work that went into the flypast was immense and paid off handsomely.
We haven't taken our eye off the ball and are still on various operations around the globe.

Later,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

acko22

Quote from: StufromEGDL on July 11, 2018, 06:02:01 AM

We haven't taken our eye off the ball and are still on various operations around the globe.

Those Pimms still aren't drinking themselves after 100 years!  :P

The only thing I would have like to have seen would have been the Harrier and Vulcan, I know the Vulcan is grounded and the last remaining Harriers are mothballed but possible 2 aircraft that tell the cold war history of the RAF the best.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

StufromEGDL

@acko22...It's a dry old do out here you know...Stu in OOMN
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

acko22

It's dry where you are!!!

Has the pilot got lost again or are the hotel just out of Pimms?  :-X
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations