So what did you have for your lunch today?

Started by daffy, January 20, 2017, 07:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

I am so, so happy that the BBC have revealed the news to me today of what the new President of the USA is having for his inaugural lunch. ;).

Apparently - and I make no claim for accuracy here, the Presidents menu is/was:

• Maine lobster and Gulf shrimp with saffron sauce and peanut crumble to be paired with J. Lohr 2013 Arroyo Vista Chardonnay

• Grilled Seven Hills Angus beef in dark chocolate and juniper jus with potato gratin paired with Delicato Black Stallion 2012 Limited Release Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

• Chocolate soufflé and cherry vanilla ice cream served with Korbel Natural "Special Inaugural Cuvée" California Champagne.

Just why we need this depth of detail is beyond me, but I figure if the BBC and other news agencies feel it is so important, then why should I argue.  In fact, perhaps what gets eaten for lunch by all of us is a major newsworthy issue that, up to now, has been over-looked.

As we step into a new dawn, I feel compelled to reveal that on this day, this beautiful sunny winters day, I walked the shoreline of eastern England eating my lunch of fine deep-fried chips and questionable sausage, liberally seasoned with salt and vinegar, and served on a beautiful snow-white tray of finest polystyrene. The liquid accompaniment was overlooked, but a dessert course of Gala Apple adequately refreshed the palate as I listened to the gentle beat of waves on sand and crushed razor-clam shells under my feet. With the lowering sun casting its rays across shining sands as the sea beat a slow retreat to the east, I turned for home, happy, tired, and fully replete.

Wonderful. :thumbsup:

So, risking a trend and perhaps going viral (??), just what did you have for lunch today? Can you trump what either I or that man there had? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Ah....well. We walked from Trelissick House near Feock , West of Truro along the Carrick Roads estuary past the King Harry Ferry then onwards around the Creek and back to Trelissick. A journey of about 5 miles.
We felt that we had earned our lunch at the National Trust cafe. We forfeited a starter, I went for game pie, potato and leek mash with carrots. Mrs PP had leek and potato soup with crust bread. All washed down with 2017 vintage diet pepsi.
Very nice it was too.
At a princely 11-95p I would suggest a little cheaper than that consumed by the US man with the weird hair.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Western Exile

No trumping here. I was at home looking after my niece (3) and nephew (7), as well as my two daughters, and we had spaghetti with pesto. Ice cream for dessert. I washed it down with some Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon.
(not Dr.) Al

njee20

"California Champagne" is an oxymoron!

To answer the question I had reheated pasta. Living the high life.

Newportnobby

Beans on toast................which resulted in more trumps than his family amounts to, including one I'm sure woke the next door neighbours from their afternoon siesta :-[

austinbob

Pork pie and a couple of pints of IPA (not the track cleaning type).
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

RailGooner

Breaded chicken breast and spaghetti with tomato & olive sauce, washed down with a blackcurrant lemsip.

Jimbo

Two scotch eggs and two ring doughnuts! Oh, and the healthy bit (For a balanced diet) a small bottle of orange juice without the bits, got to watch my figure you know  ;).
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

daffy

Quote from: Jimbo on January 20, 2017, 09:04:16 PM
Two scotch eggs and two ring doughnuts! Oh, and the healthy bit (For a balanced diet) a small bottle of orange juice without the bits, got to watch my figure you know  ;).

Should have had the bits version Jimbo. :). Roughage for that easy regular feeling. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jimbo

Quote from: daffy on January 20, 2017, 09:08:57 PM
Quote from: Jimbo on January 20, 2017, 09:04:16 PM

Should have had the bits version Jimbo. :). Roughage for that easy regular feeling. ;)

Good idea! Next time then!  :thumbsup:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Lankyman

I had a home made Tuna Salad on a Morrisons Large Bap followed by half a small blackurrant pie (freshly baked this morning from a local fam shop) with two scoops of Morrisons Vanilla ice cream (because it is usually the cheapest,) washed down with a cup of Colombian Fairtrade coffee.

It was interesting to see the wine list for the Presidential meal especially as Mr Trump is teetotal so I wonder what he washed his meal down with? Orange juice perhaps but with or without bits, that's the question.

Ron
Ron

dannyboy

I had two rashers of Irelands finest pigs back meat, gently cooked Halogen style, sandwiched between two slices of white, uniformly sliced white bread. One slice had a smattering of  a couli  of malt vinegar, blended with tomato, dates, tamarind extract, and spices. The whole was then dissected and served on a white porcelain dinner plate. Second course was a choice of two McVities 'Victoria'  shortcake biscuits smothered in  milk chocolate. As I could not decide which one to have, I had them both. This was all washed down with a mug of coffee made with one teaspoon of white granulated sugar, two teaspoons of 'Mokate' coffee powder and half a teaspoon of instant coffee and coloured with white cows juice.  Third course was the obligatory cigarette, (sorry to you non-smokers  :)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Claude Dreyfus

Hunters Chicken and chips with a pint of Winter Knight ale, with some colleagues at the Cross Keys in Gracechurch Street; just up the road from work. Not presidential, but a perfectly acceptable feed.

weave

Due to being a lazy git and also spending too much time on the forum I was late going to work so didn't have time to make anything so I quickly swung by a garage on the way.

Didn't stop for lunch til 2.30 where I had...

Starter.        Cup of coffee and 3 cigarettes.

Main Course. A tasty type of dog sick wrapped in pastry by a company beginning with G.
                   A bag of very cheesy orange things made from cardboard. Should be called Wotsthats.
                   (very nice though)

Dessert.        chocolate (say no more)

All washed down with some fizzy black stuff that rots your teeth and who probably run the USA anyway.

A few more ciggies and then did a POETS day  :claphappy: Feel sick now  :D

On the Guinness to soothe the stomach.

Cheers weave  :beers:

railsquid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations