Spy in the Wild

Started by Newportnobby, January 19, 2017, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I've just watched the second programme in this series which showed how various wildlife uses tools and deception to survive. This one, with chimps and orang utans, turned out to be funnier than any comedy show I have seen in ages.
Before, cameras have been hidden in hollow logs etc to film tigers, elephants and other animals but this show has cameras hidden in the eyes of very life like dummy animals.
Just stunning and wonderful television 12/10

cycletrak9

Yes it's great TV.

Not only did I enjoy it but our two labradors were also riveted

Bob Tidbury

:thankyousign: Mick for letting us know  we have recorded it and will sit and enjoy it on Saturday when there's only a load of crap on the Tele.
Bob

daffy

Sadly I missed it but saw some preview footage. There will be a repeat some time I hope. My wife says the iPlayer works on her iPad so I'll maybe give that a go, but I don't get on with small screen images - but that's a long tale not worth telling.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Last night's show was the 2nd in the series and hopefully, not giving too much away, the real female orang utan sawing a branch whilst trying to keep up with an 'automated' orang utan was just simply hilarious :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Jimbo

LOL! A long time ago I remember watching something similar (Can't remember the programme) to do with penguins! Great stuff.
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

old misery guts

sad to say that orang-utan with the saw looked remarkably like me but with more hair! Didn't think I was that bad with a saw though. :dunce:

Steamie+

Quote from: newportnobby on January 20, 2017, 12:04:15 PM
Last night's show was the 2nd in the series and hopefully, not giving too much away, the real female orang utan sawing a branch whilst trying to keep up with an 'automated' orang utan was just simply hilarious :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Been watching this series and it is brilliant. At the end of the last one with the orangeutans was so funny at the end, Anne & I were in stitches with laughter.      :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations