!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Posting With Images  (Read 3501 times)

Offline NGF Staff

• NGF Staff Account
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Posting With Images
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:24:46 am »
We recommend signing up to a third party website like Photobucket to store your pictures, and use the links they provide.

Also, please refrain from just starting a post and submitting your website address.  Members don't generally like to go to websites and prefer to see pictures on your forum thread.

1. Create your account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket - www.Photobucket.com

2. Use the folder with your name on it or create a subfolder (recommended). You do that on the left side where it says "New Album" > Save

3.Go to "Upload Images and Videos", somewhere in the middle. Now click on "Choose Files". This will most likely bring up your "Pictures" folder on your computer (but you can select another folder). Double click on the file you want to upload. After a few seconds you will see it appear on Photobucket. Now single click on your picture. On top of the picture you will see “Resize”. The best size to pick is 640X480.

4. If you want to post this picture directly on the Forum, put your mouse/cursor over the image, click on IMG Code (last link), then right click on that and COPY.

5. Now you can PASTE this into your posting. If you chose IMG, the picture will only show up AFTER you posted. In the posting you will only see the link. If you chose "Direct link", it will just be a link.

http://photobucket.com/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:03:45 pm by Tank »
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Offline steve836

• N Gauge Society Number: 22948
    • Awards
Re: Posting With Images
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:15:02 am »
 :sorrysign:Why does it have to be so complicated:- When I want to send photos to sites such as snapfish I just have to click on an upload button and refer to the photos on my computer & Bobs your uncle.So even computer illiterate old codgers like me can do it!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:24:48 am »
Well, for one, we don't have their budget, and secondly you are actually using the same process to upload pictures to your own album, but the complicated part is using the individual codes for your posts.

When creating a post there is a button you can push to put a picture instantly into your post....

Offline steve836

• N Gauge Society Number: 22948
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:10 am »
Ok thanks -Will give it a try   I have some photos I took in India which may be of interest.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Offline TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:33:01 pm »
I realise this is a very old thread, but I don't think this is is pertinent anymore, judging by the number of photobucket pictures on here that cannot be viewed now. 
I'm guessing it's because they have introduced subsciption charges for holding an account which allows you to upload an image from there to here. 
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:52 pm »
You're quite right. I'll talk to the boss about removing it. Thank you.

Online Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:53 pm »
Topics. Is old and now irrelevant
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations