Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mito

Amazing what N gauge does for you :beers:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

daveg

Nice one, Bob!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

port perran

That's great news Bob.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Good for you, Bob. It just goes to show that talking is good for your health :-X

Malc

I too had a good review from my 6 months diabetic tests. Same as Bob, told my weight was over what it should be. I explained that the charts show what weight you should be for a given height. I told the nurse that I wasn't actually over weight, just under tall.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

austinbob

Not sure my dragon of a diabetic clinic nurse would react too well if I said that to her.
She said she expected me to lose 10 lbs by my next visit under threat of some undisclosed painful retribution. I think I will need to find some effective anaesthetic before I go next time.
:help: :'(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

Splendid response, @Malc !

I shall try that on next time but I fear that 'Nursie' may suggest something similar to what @austinbob has been threatened told.

They're not allowed to amputate anything  :-X without your Grandma's written OK, are they?  :worried:

Dave G

BoxTunnel

I finished my night shift and slept for six hours straight.  Simple I know, but it made me happy when I finally awoke  :)
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

railsquid

Picked up (among other things) at a local railway exhibition a brace of Railway Modellers from 5~6 years ago (but in new conditon) for a song, one of which contains a special supplement on "Buckingham Central", which I keep hearing about but have rarely seen much detail on.

paulprice

Quote from: railsquid on August 18, 2017, 11:45:03 AM
Picked up (among other things) at a local railway exhibition a brace of Railway Modellers from 5~6 years ago (but in new conditon) for a song, one of which contains a special supplement on "Buckingham Central", which I keep hearing about but have rarely seen much detail on.

What was the song? was it something by Elvis?

railsquid

Quote from: paulprice on August 18, 2017, 11:47:16 AM

I just choose something vaguely remembered from the latest karaoke night, and sing it until they give me what I want.

The Q

Quote from: paulprice on August 18, 2017, 11:47:16 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCH1IlOfDTM
corny I know...

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

violets49

I take it you mean Buckingham Grand Central' by Rev. Peter Denny. One of the great pioneering EM layouts. Funny enough, I was reading tha modeller today. If you can get hold of any of the RM's of the fifties/sixties with Peter's articles they are worth a look.

Bob Tidbury

Spent eight and a half hours with Tonye and Shelley  putting the world to rights and eating cakes , sandwiches ,scotch eggs etc , oh and we did actually run some trains ,THANKS for coming down and cheering me up guys it was a great time .
Its allways fun sharing your layout with someone even if you make a few mistakes because your not concentrating on what your doing and forget that you have allready got a train on the main line but try to bring one off of the branchline ,it all adds to the fun and no damage done .
Cheers Tonye thanks again.
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations