New Pullmans arrived today

Started by 1936ace, July 12, 2012, 11:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Happy day today just got home to find uncle hatton has sent another gift, this time the Pullman coaches and how good do they look. Very happy with the detail and the price. What loco usually ran with the coaches
Bart

Newportnobby

Hi Bart,

If I recall correctly the new Farish Pullmans are all Eastern region so in the main you would have had Gresley pacifics running up the East Coast main line
I am going to have to take artistic licence as I will be running them as Western region :-X :-[

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on July 12, 2012, 11:45:18 AM
Hi Bart,

If I recall correctly the new Farish Pullmans are all Eastern region so in the main you would have had Gresley pacifics running up the East Coast main line
I am going to have to take artistic licence as I will be running them as Western region :-X :-[

hi mick
maybe it could be a special going to the races at newbury  ;)

dave  :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on July 12, 2012, 11:45:18 AM
Hi Bart,

The Mark 1 pullmans I guess depends on the period. In diesel times:

- grey/blue with 86's for the west coast mainline (Manchester Pullman)
  (not sure what was used pre electrification)
- 47 or Deltic for the east coast one

Nowdays the survivors all seem to be back in umber and cream and so you can sneak them into your specials without worry 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

BernardTPM

Some Mk.1 Pullman Seconds were used in the Western Region Blue Pullman standby set (nicknamed the 'Wells Fargo') inn the early/mid 1960s, mixed in with older Pullmans, normally hauled by a green Brush type 4 (Cl.47).

1936ace

Thanks guys I have a 47 and a deltic so that sound good as the coaches were blue grey
Bart

Newportnobby

Just found this Wickedpedia link which is very interesting, especially as there was an 'Oxford Pullman' run in the Blue Pullman version which as I have one on pre order is entirely justified now ;D
Up until now I was thinking of how I could reroute the Birmingham or Bristol Pullmans (engineering works?)
Trouble is the Oxford Pullman didn't start until 1967, which is about 3-4 years late for my era :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullman_train_(UK)

Caz

Quote from: newportnobby on July 12, 2012, 03:01:40 PM
Just found this Wickedpedia link which is very interesting, especially as there was an 'Oxford Pullman' run in the Blue Pullman version which as I have one on pre order is entirely justified now ;D
Up until now I was thinking of how I could reroute the Birmingham or Bristol Pullmans (engineering works?)
Trouble is the Oxford Pullman didn't start until 1967, which is about 3-4 years late for my era :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullman_train_(UK)
Thanks Mick, that's eased my concious.   :beers:

Caz
(currently not modelling due to 6 stitches in little finger after craft knife slipped  :'(   :'(   :'( ) (it's too hot here to model anyway  ;) )
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

davieb

hi caz  :wave:

sorry to hear about the accident with the craft knife  :(

hope you are up to your modelling soon  :)

by the way you aren't relaited to Lawrence are you  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on July 12, 2012, 05:17:56 PM

by the way you aren't relaited to Lawrence are you  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

You can run, but you can't hide, Dave.
The Wrath of Lawrence will descend upon you and smite you a mighty blow (if his thumb is up to it :smiley-laughing:)

Caz

I've got one suspect brother but I don't think my mum got that far north  :)

Caz
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Pengi

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Quote from: whiteswan on July 12, 2012, 05:45:36 PM

I've got one suspect brother but I don't think my mum got that far north  :)

Caz

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations