Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Good point! However, that's the very reason I like the green stuff. You can run growlers and chuffers at the same time (and I grew up in that era.... oops, now I'm feelin' old....) :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

kiwi1941

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on May 16, 2013, 07:39:16 PM
37602 & 37605 in DRS for my Nuclear Traffic.

On the You Tube original there is an unanswered post "why did this working need the barriers was it to provide extra brake force?" Does any one know the answer? Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

EtchedPixels

Runners serve several purposes

- keeping hazardous loads a safe distance from the crew (crew have unions passengers standing on platforms don't  ;) ). For a long time it was also the regulations and there were no easy opt-outs

- spreading the axle load (eg the runners on some of the steel trains)

- providing brake force

and my understanding is the nuclear runners were there for the dangerous goods rules.

Certain kinds of more dangerous nuclear waste (eg from the submarine reactor cores) would be accompanied by other vehicles too - DRS have support vehicles for this when moving sone MOD flasks.

http://www.departmentals.com/photo/9419

which carry Civil Nuclear Constabulary or MoD Police (ie scary people with weapons)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

stevieboy

Such is my will power at the moment, I went in to Rails for switches and point motors and came away with this and no switches or point motors:

scotsoft

Quote from: stevieboy on May 17, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
Such is my will power at the moment, I went in to Rails for switches and point motors and came away with this and no switches or point motors:

That's the way to do it  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

You are an inspiration to us all  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

So easily done, Stevie.
At least the new class 20 is streets ahead of the old one detail wise

Bealman

Yeah... point motors and switches.... BORING. How nice is that? And it's my favourite colour - BR GREEN!  :thumbsup:

kiwi1941

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 17, 2013, 10:25:55 AMRunners serve several purposes

Thanks EP and Brian. I've seen video of civil nuclear flask trains without runners, especially on the Barrow coast, and just wondered if there was a specific reason for using them on some operations and not others. The naval workings certainly do look awesome. Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

upnick

Quote from: scotsoft on May 17, 2013, 06:12:30 PM
Quote from: stevieboy on May 17, 2013, 06:09:13 PM

That's the way to do it  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

You are an inspiration to us all  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Sounds about right to me   :smiley-laughing: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Nice loco   like the  green paint  better than   the blue   ;)

stevieboy

Green is really growing on me, it used to be my least favourite livery.

I have looked at a few blue 20's now and the yellow ends have all looked a little off colour, or is it just me?

Bealman

Oooh... now it's gettin' serious.... swaying blue fans over to green?   Eeeek! If it helps, just think along the lines of.... the only colour for an MG or a Mini Cooper is British Racing Green.....  :D

Jerry Howlett

Are we forming our very own NGF branch of the GREEN PARTY ?.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

H

Quote from: Bealman on May 18, 2013, 12:56:37 PM

the only colour for an MG or a Mini Cooper is British Racing Green.

Or just think Wedgewood, Cobalt, Sky, Air Force, Cornflower, Navy, Prussian, Azure, Denin, Midnight, Electric, Indigo, True, Sapphire and BR - all types of blue.

And sing 'blue is colour, football is the game . . . '
:D

H.

Chetcombe

Quote from: H on May 18, 2013, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: Bealman on May 18, 2013, 12:56:37 PM

the only colour for an MG or a Mini Cooper is British Racing Green.

Or just think Wedgewood, Cobalt, Sky, Air Force, Cornflower, Navy, Prussian, Azure, Denin, Midnight, Electric, Indigo, True, Sapphire and BR - all types of blue.

And sing 'blue is colour, football is the game . . . '
:D

H.

I think that is the second time (at least!) that you have sneaked in a reference to Chelsea on the shaky premise of a likeness to BR Blue! :laugh:

Hopefully my lads can see off Watford on the 27th and join the blues in the premier league next season :thumbsup:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

H

Quote from: Chetcombe on May 18, 2013, 09:07:28 PM

I think that is the second time (at least!) that you have sneaked in a reference to Chelsea on the shaky premise of a likeness to BR Blue

Certainly not - I can't stand Chelsea. That's why I didn't mention them - just that it's a catchy tune.

My team is the mighty Lions so I'm not exactly keen on C Palace either, with their silly thunderbirds look-a-like kits, although I'll admit to being at Villa Park when they beat Liverpool in the semi-final of the FA cup all those years ago.

Good luck to Watford.

H

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations