!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: what are people doing on their layout right now  (Read 296339 times)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
Re: what are people doing on their layout right now
« Reply #2745 on: June 23, 2018, 07:26:07 am »
it has been nearly 4 years since I ran anything.

How did you cope with the withdrawal symptoms?   ??? . I only ask in case any other forumites find themselves in the same position.
  Drink....    :pint: :pint: :pint:
It really was down to a lack of that Mojo stuff, the layout had stagnated and was finally kicked into life by Mrs "H" suggesting moving the whole lot into another room.  This has involved total destruction as it was built into a darkish cellar room, oh and the mice had moved into the tunnels!

The new layout room is light and part of the new extension, the down side is it is smaller but I have decided to scrap the 2 level as I found my Farish locos could not cope with even a 1:50 gradient.

Did keep my hand in with kits and bought a few (quite a few) unpainted Dapol wagons to do up.
Also my card addiction helped , I have more Scalescenes stuff than I can fit on the new layout. :D :D

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2746 on: June 23, 2018, 09:28:39 am »
I managed to get a Dummy class 57 Thunderbird to put on the front of my Pendo and it looked really good ,BUT the problem is it just didnít like being pulled along.
The Pendo goes into the center line of my fiddle yard which is bi directional so it can go in on the up line and back out on the down and itís too much of a fiddle to keep on changing the front panel and coupling on the power cars so I was going to use modelers licence and leave the Thunderbird on the one end ,but there is a slight height difference between the couplings itís fine pushing but uncouples when pulled .Its a real shame as it did look good ,there is a clip on the Facebook page if you want to see it as I canít seem to put one on here even though lots of people have tried to help me.
Bob Tidbury
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:00:09 pm by Bob Tidbury »

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #2747 on: June 23, 2018, 12:09:27 pm »
it has been nearly 4 years since I ran anything.

How did you cope with the withdrawal symptoms?   ??? . I only ask in case any other forumites find themselves in the same position.
  Drink....    :pint: :pint: :pint:
It really was down to a lack of that Mojo stuff, the layout had stagnated and was finally kicked into life by Mrs "H" suggesting moving the whole lot into another room.  This has involved total destruction as it was built into a darkish cellar room, oh and the mice had moved into the tunnels!

The new layout room is light and part of the new extension, the down side is it is smaller but I have decided to scrap the 2 level as I found my Farish locos could not cope with even a 1:50 gradient.

Did keep my hand in with kits and bought a few (quite a few) unpainted Dapol wagons to do up.
Also my card addiction helped , I have more Scalescenes stuff than I can fit on the new layout. :D :D

Jerry

I have never known you to be short of a drink or 3  :P

Regards,

Alex

Offline Mash Can

• N Gauge Society Number: 26106
    • Awards
« Reply #2748 on: July 14, 2018, 07:12:02 pm »
After spending 3 winters working on a put away layout, which spent more time put away than played with, I have finally bitten the bullet and built myself a room to house it in permanently.
Unfortunately, I now find that the layout is too wide to use comfortably and with the extra room, too restrictive, so, at the moment, playing with my old layout for now and back to the drawing board for something a bit more ambitious and all the associated headaches.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2749 on: July 14, 2018, 11:16:44 pm »
Thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing/hearing more about the new project

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything