Wall calendars

Started by Newportnobby, September 10, 2018, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Just in case there are any dinosaurs like me out there who still use a wall calendar to keep track of being alive and remembering things, I would recommend this railway one which I've had each year for the last 5 years as it has some superb b&w pics of steam locos across the years.
I have to get mine quite early (I already have the 2019 edition) as I have medical appointments etc running into next year..........

https://www.calendarclub.co.uk/travel-and-transport/transport/steam-trains-heritage-calendar-2019-r232975

Train Waiting

Many thanks, Mick.  Just the thing for me.  It even has a picture of Strathpeffer (the third one!) at Strathpeffer.

With regard to dinosaurs; they are all seem a bit modern and new-fangled to me.  They are probably just a passing craze for a few months.

Thank you for letting us know about this calendar.  Maybe the 2020 calendar will include a picture of Callander station.

Best Wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Dorsetmike

Calender club one is all LMS & LNER, nowt from darn sarf, 'tother one doesn't show anything other than the cover, so neither get my pennies, nice idea but I want summat with SR interest.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Trainfish

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd rsurrect this one. Does anyone know if the Hornby magazine has a calendar this year? I can't seem to find it anywhere and may have to break with tradition and go elsewhere.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

kesdrive

The current (December) issue Hornsby magazine contains the 2021 calendar.

Chris

Malc

I usually support a heritage railway by buying their calendars. This year it is the Stainmore Railway.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

I must admit I'm tempted by this one and may try it for 2021.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MinZaPint

I could be tempted by a STEAM railway themed Pirelli style calendar  :-[
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Trainfish

I'd prefer Pirelli style diesel themed with domino headcodes  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations