Revolution Trains new models and reruns.

Started by Caz, September 06, 2018, 08:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

Well as with Farish and its promised Thompsons my main interest is delivering those 2 things I have put money up for - noting the artic vans are now on the way, but I am thinking of the Saltire 320, so I can put the wires up on Allanbrae.

I admit I would struggle not to buy a Class 28.  They were used on the Condor so I could "divert" one into Portpatrick with modest modellers licence.

A 310?   Well I travelled up to Euston on these from the mid 70s  when I first moved to Watford.  So having bought a Farish 350 as the last class I commuted on before retiring I would be tempted by  a 310 under Rule 1.  I liked the units.  Silver coloured window frames on plain blue livery.  Corridor links only between carriages 1-2, then 3-4;  and those wonderful wrap round drivers windows.  They only did 75 mph and they were comfortable.  Like my 350 no real use on any layout I have built or am likely to build but so what. 

Less than 9 hours until the truth is revealed.

Bealman

Well it's 10.30am and can't see any news  :no: :doh: :smackedface:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Leon

At 8:00 a.m. BDT I'll be fast asleep, hopefully. The only Revolution I know anything about is the failed New England soccer team. :) But, my impression is that this "Revolution" is all about the locomotives that replaced steam. Sorry, but I can't get excited. Still, I DO like to know, so I'll check in later big announcement.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on September 08, 2018, 01:29:32 AM
Well it's 10.30am and can't see any news  :no: :doh: :smackedface:

From higher up than you, I can see a sparkly dome of tingly rainbow colours stretching high into the stratosphere directly above the Revolution TINGS stand, and unicorns are dancing tantalisingly on the edge of sight.

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

I think I'll have what you had for breakfast for lunch!  ;D

Vonzack

Tank

I'm finishing off the pages now, ready to submit in a little while. :)

Caz

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

NeMo

The Class 128 seems an odd choice. Was that really determined to be the motorised model the UK hobby was crying out for? I mean, there's already a kit out there, and while it's cute and quirky, the Class 128 is really a mainline unit for runs between city termini rather than something for branchlines or secondary routes. So it's less useful for smaller layouts than a type 1 to type 3 loco might have been, or some sort of DMU.

On the other hand the freight choices do seem imaginative, covering a range of possibilities so far as layouts go.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Bealman

Can't agree there. I think it's a great choice, and as stated, the chassis will have a multitude of uses.

monkey_brains

I'm a big believer in rule one and running anything and everything, but the only thing of any interest to me is the tanktainers which will break up nicely all the standard boxes on an intermodal.

I can see the attraction of some of the others, but as NeMo says, the 128 feels a very random choice!
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Caz

:locked:

Discussion continues on the various announcement threads.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%