Changing ISP

Started by TrevL, August 13, 2018, 09:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

Quote from: lil chris on September 02, 2018, 12:27:38 AM
I was with Virgin media, the address was the old NTl  address, when I  left  I lost the e-mail. I then joined Sky but after  a  period  of unreliable  internet I left and went  back to Virgin media. In  between I got a G-mail account, I  have not bothered using the Virgin Media e mail because Sky let you keep thier e-mail. Most  of the important stuff I had started to change to G mail thinking I would  lose the Sky address,not so.

I left Virgin Media a year ago and still get ntlworld emails but I don't use the ntl account in case Virgin decide to close it.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Delboy

Quote from: davidinyork on September 01, 2018, 12:03:14 PM
Quote from: Delboy on August 13, 2018, 12:01:45 PM
Hi Trev,
I have changed my broadband provider lots of times and always carried on using my same e-mail address. As far as I know, e-mail addresses are not tied to ISP's.
Regards Dennis.

Depends on whether or not the address is provided as part of the internet contract - e.g. BT addresses are and you will potentially lose it if you change supplier.

As others have said one option is to register your own address and forward it, but what is actually easier and cheaper is to just use a free provider such as gmail or hotmail - these are not tied to an ISP contract.

Thanks for this info. I have a hotmail account which explains why I am not tied into any particular ISP. Sounds like good advice to choose a gmail or hotmail account.
:thumbsup:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations