Farish Class 37 Nose Ends

Started by Jaguar68, March 05, 2018, 08:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaguar68

Hi Chaps,

Where can I get some replacement nose ends for the Farish Class 37?

Regards

John

Newportnobby

If BR Lines or Peters Spares don't have any, the technical guys at Farish in Barwell are generally very helpful.

njee20

Do you just want stock replacements, or do want WIPAC ones for DRS locos or similar?

Nobby's spot on for the former, for the latter you need to look aftermarket.

bridgiesimon

TPM used to do a range of different versions but not been available easily for a few years.

Best wishes
Simon

koyli55002

If it's the old version without lights then I'm sure I have several different types in my spares box - which type are you looking for ?

Jaguar68

Quote from: koyli55002 on March 06, 2018, 06:13:25 AM
If it's the old version without lights then I'm sure I have several different types in my spares box - which type are you looking for ?

Hi, I'm looking for the older Centre headcode without the lights.

Cheers

John

geoffc

I have a pair of split headcode box DRS version by BH Enterprises unopened, if this is the type you are looking for.

Geoff

Skyline2uk

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 05, 2018, 10:46:49 PM
TPM used to do a range of different versions but not been available easily for a few years.

Best wishes
Simon

I would like a pair of the "1237C Cl.37 refurbished, ex-splitbox noses" from TPM, but website not updated in years. Are TPM no longer trading then?

Skyline2uk

koyli55002

Collection of spares from my "bit box" - not even sure that all are Taylor - some have been converted from Farish spares

Skyline2uk

@koyli55002

If you ever want to part with the two on the top two rows, second to last column, let me know!

Skyline2uk

geoffc

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 06, 2018, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 05, 2018, 10:46:49 PM

Best wishes
Simon

I would like a pair of the "1237C Cl.37 refurbished, ex-splitbox noses" from TPM, but website not updated in years. Are TPM no longer trading then?

Skyline2uk

Yes Bernard is still in business, I emailed him the other week at the email address on the web site and bought some buffers off of him.

Geoff

Newportnobby

Is Inspector Clouseau aware of all these missing class 37's with no noses as koyli has them?

koyli55002

AdrianC

The seems like the best thread seeing as I have a similar question to the original  poster.

I've recently acquired a DRS compass livered 37 that has gained noses with wipac lights and I'd like to convert it back to a more standard front end as carried by 37419 Carl Haviland (plated over centre code box, with a single spot light underneath).

Before I check BR Lines or BH Enterprises tomorrow, does anyone have any spare, or make any further suggestions?

Thanks
Adrian
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

koyli55002

The left hand row in the picture I posted earlier are still languishing in my spares box. These are for the original Class 37, without lights, of course

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations