Anyone else having trouble contacting DCC Supplies?

Started by Dr Al, January 16, 2018, 01:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

Hi,

I'm struggling to get email contact with them - has anyone else had this? Phone isn't an option for a few days, but will phone if I don't hear anything.

When submitting my query online I got no acknowledgement email/ticket email unlike previously, so wonder what's going on.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Shiney Sheff

I ordered a few spares after Christmas through the website and had no problems what so ever, paid by paypal, got the receipt by email in less than a minute, the acknowledgement from DCC was not much longer, parts arrived within two days.

Railbank

hi Alan

I sent an email via their website yesterday regards Dapol spares got a ticket acknowledgement same day, it was in my spam box.

Paul

Dr Al

Quote from: Railbank on January 16, 2018, 05:49:49 PM
hi Alan

I sent an email via their website yesterday regards Dapol spares got a ticket acknowledgement same day, it was in my spam box.

Paul

Interesting - thanks - checked spam and nothing - I got no acknowledgement or any such.... hmmmm.....

Cheers,
Alan

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

PostModN66

Same for me.....I have sent them a few e-mails about repairing my Class 67s over several months; no reply, no acknowledgement.  :(

I have checked spam; apparently I can grow my hair back, cure my toenail fungus and learn to fly a plane, but I can't get my 67s fixed!

Cheers. Jon  :worried:

"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Dr Al

Quote from: PostModN66 on January 17, 2018, 08:37:07 AM
Same for me.....I have sent them a few e-mails about repairing my Class 67s over several months; no reply, no acknowledgement.  :(

I have checked spam; apparently I can grow my hair back, cure my toenail fungus and learn to fly a plane, but I can't get my 67s fixed!

Cheers. Jon  :worried:

Ditto. I've tried 3 methods now -  the "Ask question" next to my order when logged in, their online contact form and lastly a straight email to info@dccsupplies.com. Nothing from the first two and only just sent the latter, so will see, but able to phone tomorrow which is looking like the only option........

Have you tried phoning them, Jon?

Cheers,
Alan

PostModN66

I haven't phoned yet; I have sent another e-mail this morning, if I get no response I will phone tomorrow.

I have a suspicion that they might only be willing to deal with warranty repairs; my 67s are well out of warranty.   If so it is a bit of a problem, as I am not aware of another way of getting parts or a repair service.

Cheers Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Dr Al

I've seen folks sending in stuff well out of warranty for repair (obviously at their own cost), so doubt it's that. Perhaps it's a lack of parts for 67s that's the problem - they certainly have very few listed on their page.

Regardless, they should reply and at least tell you that, or whatever is the case.

Cheers,
Alan

Dr Al

Update:

Oh - interesting - I've received a ticket now from the direct email to info@dccsupplies.com . I wonder if there's some problem with their forms/website they aren't aware of, and direct email is bypassing that.

Lets see what happens.

Cheers,
Alan

PostModN66

Me too - just received an automated acknowledgement.   A step forward!

Cheers Jon  :)

GWR-Kris

Is anyone able to get onto their website as it does not seem to open for me

Shiney Sheff

Looks like their site is down,I can't access it either.

Dr Al

Ditto - site is down.

I have now received contact from them though, so (almost) normal service resumed.

Cheers,
Alan

LAandNQFan

I received the following email from Fiona at DCC at 9.52, 22nd January.  If you are on their email list you should have had it too.

"There is a problem at our domain hosting company which means our
website and email is offline at the moment.

"They are working on it and will return to service as soon as they are
able.

"Should you need to contact us urgently in the meantime, you can call
as usual, between 10am and 5pm on 01905 621999.

"We apologise for any inconvenience."
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations