Invasion of Privacy!!!

Started by Mr Sprue, December 26, 2017, 04:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Zwilnik on December 27, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 27, 2017, 06:31:49 PM
Quote from: Zwilnik on December 27, 2017, 01:35:25 PM
Theoretically, if it's close enough a well aimed party popper should take out a drone as the streamers only need to tangle a single rotor. Reload a party popper with nylon thread attached to small beads (and double charge it with the charge from a 2nd one) and it would be a pretty effective personal anti-drone device :)

Nice idea but you would need a black powder licence to do that (and the rest).  Not easy to get these days, in the past you just went into a police station and filled in a form.

AFAIK party poppers are legally available in the UK without a license and setting them off in your own garden (as long as it's not aimed at a person) would be very difficult to claim to be any sort of offence.

As long as you don't cut them up and put all the bang bits together  :D

Mr Sprue

Just found this from the BFMA:

Article 95, (Small unmanned surveillance aircraft)

(1) The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.

(2) The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are:-

(a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
(b) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
(c) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or
(d) subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), during take-off or landing, a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not be flown within 30 metres of any person.

(4) Paragraphs (2) (d) and (3) do not apply to the person in charge of the small unmanned surveillance aircraft or a person under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.

(5) In this article 'a small unmanned surveillance aircraft' means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

From what I can see my drone pilot was in breach of 2 (c,d).

For what its worth when I had the time I used to love building and flying RC Aircraft albeit quite a few years ago now, but even then I was in a club and the aircraft were flown in a strict environment. These drones are amazing but sadly because they are quite easy to control are being flown anywhere and at a guess spying on anyone the pilot so wishes to film and of course delivering drugs to prisons!

guest311

Quote from: mark100 on December 27, 2017, 06:45:10 PM

My best advice is that if it appears again, phone the police and make a complaint of harassment.

who knows, if you are Really lucky, you might even get an answer, note I did not suggest you'd get any ACTION.

guest311

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 27, 2017, 06:31:49 PM

Nice idea but you would need a black powder licence to do that (and the rest).  Not easy to get these days, in the past you just went into a police station and filled in a form.

you mean when they were actually open, and didn't consist of a locked door and a yellow box next to call some cretin and listen to a recording of how important your call is, but obviously not important enough to actually ANSWER  :censored:

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 27, 2017, 06:31:49 PMneed a black powder licence
Would you really these days ? even though there is no black powder in them ?? the world has gone mad !
I worry about where the young scientists of the future will come from *
When I was young ( and the dinosaurs as well) I could buy (I wont upset the bot but it begins with) potassium, sulphur and sommat else at the local apothecary !
We called them fireworks, but it was interesting what they could do if we confined it !
However, my main point is that we then got into adding magnesium powder =bright white, copper =green, sodium =yellow, etc&etc

which led into a whole new world of math,phys and chem, not to mention nuclear, quantum mech. and (bread&butter)electronics (that paid the bills)

So how do we in the future in an elfinsafety world inspire youngsters to get into science instead of hedge fund managers ?

Snowwolflair

Oh yes the world has gone mad, and its not recent either.  I used to make pyrotechnics for model warship displays, but if you tried some of the stuff we mixed then you would get more than a passing interest from various branches of government.

The drone craze reminds me of the Citizens Band craze in the 70's which in cities almost wiped out the safe use of model radio control frequencies.  A few years later it was all over and the Maplin's of this world had moved on to pedaling us something else - Atari computers and their ilk as I recall.

guest311

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 28, 2017, 09:19:01 AM

The drone craze reminds me of the Citizens Band craze in the 70's which in cities almost wiped out the safe use of model radio control frequencies. 

if I remember it was illegal at one time to buy or use a CB radio, but when you bought one, the government charged you VAT !
living on illegal earnings ?
double standards ?
surely not from our politicians  :veryangry:

Bealman

Mate, it's late at night here in Oz, but please don't hover close to breaking forum etiquette.. No politics  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

Easy tiger, I hardly think a general gripe at politicians is discussing "politics".

?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

colpatben

Quote from: The Q on December 27, 2017, 08:56:30 AM
Quote from: ozzie Bill. on December 26, 2017, 10:29:07 PM
+1 for a hosepipe. There are no laws, as far as I know, regarding the use of domestic water spraying. With the right jet you can get a decent distance ............. .
Have fun!
With the water pressure round here I'm lucky to water the garden.

Typical English summer, Hosepipe ban followed by a swarm of drones.
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

zwilnik

Quote from: colpatben on December 28, 2017, 11:48:10 AM
Quote from: The Q on December 27, 2017, 08:56:30 AM
Quote from: ozzie Bill. on December 26, 2017, 10:29:07 PM
+1 for a hosepipe. There are no laws, as far as I know, regarding the use of domestic water spraying. With the right jet you can get a decent distance ............. .
Have fun!
With the water pressure round here I'm lucky to water the garden.

Typical English summer, Hosepipe ban followed by a swarm of drones.

A super soaker would probably be quite effective too, also easier to have ready on hand somewhere.

Mr Sprue

I remembered I had bought one of these a few years back to deal with a few cats that kept fighting outside my bedroom window late a night.

The laser beam on these things where it hits the surface its being aimed at has quite a large red dot and covers a long distance, so providing I don't aim it vertical to prevent interfering with commercial aircraft this may be the answer!

guest311

is it available with a co-ax .50 or 7.62 ?

there's a rook around here that insists on tapping on windows as soon as it's light, no so bad this time of the year, but a sod in the summer !

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations