Motor, experiment, cheap.

Started by MalcolmInN, December 23, 2017, 04:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

I have some experiments (possibly involving pwm or switching regs) in mind for portable power supplies / controllers for use in the garden come summer (planning !!) but dont want to risk my valued locos during the experimental phase !

Can you suggest a cheap(?) alternative, perhaps via ebay, similar motor that I can play with ?

All the coreless ones I've seen so far seem to be 3.7v or thereabouts, which doesnt sound right :(

CliveH

Hi,

Try the Mitsumi QK1. Typically £2.99 inc p&p on a 'well known auction site'. I bought a couple as back up for when my next Dapol motor packs up. I've only test run them, but they seem fine. The motor come with a brass gear fitted, but that can be removed. The shaft size is correct to take the drive yokes, and it fits a 9F tender, for example, with minimal if any mods to the motor tray. I don't have any dead locos at the moment so haven't used one in anger yet, so can't comment on it as a practical alternative.

Cheers

Clive

MalcolmInN

Quote from: CliveH on December 24, 2017, 07:46:10 AMTry the Mitsumi QK1. Typically £2.99 inc p&p
:thumbsup: Thanks Clive,  ordered :)
do we know if it is one of the newfangled coreless thingies ?

ntpntpntp

They look like could be useful, I'll get one for my box of motors.  Not the smallest of designs, and need to be careful to order the 12V version. Cheap at £2.99 though.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

ntpntpntp

Quote from: MalcolmAL on December 24, 2017, 01:32:03 PM
Nope, pretty standard armature by the look of it. Cheap motor compared to many found in N locos, but of course it's only £3 so can't complain!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

ODRAILS

Quote from: ntpntpntp on December 24, 2017, 03:20:20 PM
Nope, pretty standard armature by the look of it. Cheap motor compared to many found in N locos, but of course it's only £3 so can't complain!

OR 5 motors for £3.25 post free from China if you can wait 4-8 weeks for delivery !

see https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-pcs-MITSUMI-Miniature-12V-Brush-DC-Motor-030-Biaxial-Motor/111958625243?epid=1089102457&hash=item1a11410bdb:g:mbQAAOSwFGNWSuOl

MalcolmInN

Quote from: ntpntpntp on December 24, 2017, 03:20:20 PM
pretty standard armature by the look of it.
Ah, I didnt see that seller/picture, mine was in Devon. Yep that makes it clear.
and I opted for a quick one from the UK !  xmas prezzie to myself lol!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations