Dapol HSTs

Started by chicky365, December 21, 2017, 02:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicky365

Hello all,
I am trying to find out the latest with regards to Dapol HSTs. I have been trying to get them as I have seen people with them on Youtube but every website I go to says they are either sold out or on "pre-order"?

Some say they are due to be released in 2017 but they are nowhere to be seen on the Dapol website, so its all a bit confusing.

Have I missed the opportunity with these or are they releasing more?

austinbob

EBay is worth a search. I've seen sets and individual power cars and coaches on offer.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

chicky365

Thanks, do we know what liveries are due next year?

Kaian

"Missed the Boat" and "Haven't missed the boat", it really depends on which one you are after.

If you want:

• East Coast
  • Virgin East Coast
  • New Green GWR
  • GNER
  • BR Blue/Grey

Then you haven't missed the boat, they are not yet made.

Any other yes, but they pop up on eBay and the second-hand listings quite often.
A few additional MK3's of the previous liveries are also being made.
Craig

chicky365

Thank you for letting me know.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the already released 2D-019-001 HST and the new BR Blue/Grey. From the images I can find online, they look the same?

davidinyork

Quote from: chicky365 on December 21, 2017, 03:33:41 PM

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the already released 2D-019-001 HST and the new BR Blue/Grey. From the images I can find online, they look the same?

Not a lot other than running numbers. They've done several blue/grey sets as it's the most popular livery.

Bob G

Quote from: davidinyork on December 21, 2017, 03:35:57 PM
Quote from: chicky365 on December 21, 2017, 03:33:41 PM

Not a lot other than running numbers. They've done several blue/grey sets as it's the most popular livery.

Some are western region numbers (Paddington routes), some eastern region (Kings Cross routes). Depends if you are fussy about a W or an E in front of your coach numbers.

Bob

Intercity

If you want the previous releases just keep an eye on eBay, some are considered rarer than others and can go for higher prices than you would imagine possible, I have found the Virgin trains ones easier to come by, the exec and Intercity ones have been harder to find (my search engine excludes UK listing that don't ship internationally due to location).

Places like Rails and Hattons stock (or order) the extra coaches so a longer rake is quite easy to make (if you end up duplicating coaches I wouldnt worry much as it is so small not many would notice)

The one thing I would caution you on is how they run, most of the time they are fine, but many threads on here and other forums list some of the problems that can develop (from lights that stop working to sets that just don't move)

davidinyork

I woudln't rely on Rails or Hattons being able to supply the extra coaches without checking the specific livery - it depends on whether those coaches are still available from Dapol. Often some types (particularly the TSs) will sell out first.

The problems are normally circuit-board related, and this affects a lot of Dapol models. Lights stopping working (sometimes just in one direction) is the most common fault, and the board completley failing so that nothing works is not unknown.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations