!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Coupler query  (Read 129 times)

Offline Foster

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Coupler query
« on: November 14, 2017, 03:21:09 am »
 Does anyone make knuckle couplers which will fit the standard Rapido box and spring ?

This may be a silly question, but I was once told :If you don't know, ask. You may look silly for five minutes, but then you WILL know.   8)

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Coupler query
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21:55 am »
Two types, both (increasingly) hard to find. They are both “dumb” types, not operational like Dapol EZShunts.

Red Caboose “Unimate” and
Bachman “dummy knuckle” couplers.

I think the Bachman ones are probably out of production, if you find any let me know!

Cheers Jon  🙂
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35:56 am »
Micro-Trains do couplings in their Magne-Matic range which fit the standard T-shank box, for example item 1128.    I have no real experience with them:  someone gave me a Roco wagon fitted with the couplings and a couple of extra packs years ago, they're still sitting in my bits box!

Also looks like Con-Cor do something suitable: item 223-56002

The American outline modellers amongst us should be able to advise.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:50:42 am by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline crepello

• N Gauge Society Number: 3956
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:20 pm »
Bachmann dummy knuckle couplers are great for this scenario and match nicely with the Dapol NEM buckeyes.  I import mine from USA--I think it's Item 42531 which is a mixture of short and long shanks. 

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything