!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dynamis Ultima  (Read 57 times)

Offline Graham Walters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26013
  • Yes I support United...
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Testvalleymodels.com
    • Awards
Dynamis Ultima
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:14:41 pm »
I've now got my head around this one, and it is quite difficult to set up to operate digital points from the handset, the issue seems to be that the Dynamis allocates addresses in blocks of four numbers.

Therefore whilst your first point motor can have the address 0001 the next has to be addressed as 0005 then 0009 and so on, which can be confusing when trying to operate them from the handset.
The handset itself still has the original issue of connecting via infra red, so it has to have a 'line of sight' to the base unit.

However all these issues disappear when you connect it to a laptop via the Ultima software, ( although getting hold of that can be a learning curve too), everything is dow via the mouse or touch screen, if you have a touch screen laptop, you can if you want have the software running the passenger traffic, and you running the freight.
There are in the system pictures of all the Bachmann and Farish Loco's, plus you can upload your own pictures of other makes, you can also integrate signal control, block control and all the other systems that go to make up a modern prototypical route.

As I said the functionality is good, but the learning curve is steep.
Test Valley Models
info@testvalleymodels.com

You can visit us Tues - Fri 11am - 5:00pm Thurs Late Night until 10:00pm  Sat 9am - 5:00pm
Unit 404, The Commercial Centre. Picket Piece. Andover SP11 6RU

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything