Freelance scratch building

Started by Jollybob, October 26, 2017, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jollybob

Greetings,

I'm planning on scratch building a freelance design of locomotive using bits n'bobs. For the chassis, I'm keeping it simple-is by using old graham farish wheels from a pannier tank but I want to see if I can add valve gear to it.
I'm not fully sure if I want to make it a 2-6-0 or a 4-6-0 tender engine.
And I do have a design which is on my computer right now, however Windows decided that it wanted to do another pointless update and crash the whole thing so the design will have to wait until the weekend hopefully.

Can anyone help me with valve gear?

Rob.

Dorsetmike

I got fed up with Windoze crashing every other update, I'm now running Win 7 Pro 64 bit with updates permanently disabled and just to make sure I disconnect the router before closing down. Not had any problems since I did it 10 months ago.

Paranoid? Who me?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

PLD

Quote from: Jollybob on October 26, 2017, 03:30:57 PM
Can anyone help me with valve gear?

Rob.
The obtuse answer is don't start with the Pannier - Pick a chassis that already has the necessary cylinders and/or valve gear...

The other answer is look at the ranges intended for 009 narrow gauge modellers for use with N gauge chassis. e.g. RT Models
http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt_models_015.htm

Bealman

That's good link! Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations