!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Montrose and Highland Railroad Thread  (Read 451 times)

Offline texhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Montrose and Highland Railroad Thread
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:46:00 pm »
Hi Guys

Well you may be aware of my Youtube channel, featuring both the Montrose and Highland Railroad and my more recent layout called Cascade.

Youtube, in their infinite wisdom, have decided that they are no longer going to provide an editing program for budding film makers to use with their videos.  I've tried alternatives, but so far have not been able to find an alternative which I get along with.

So, when I have updates on my layout, I'll put them on this thread instead.  Let's start with last week's Montrose and Highland Railroad railfan day at South Pine.  I have some photos of most of the exhibits.

Andy
UK

Montrose and Highland Railroad

Offline Webbo

• Awards
Re: Montrose and Highland Railroad Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:11:29 pm »
Hi Andy

We'll be watching.

Webbo

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 11:38:15 pm »
Yes!! Captain Andy!!

Very glad to see your thread!
I really liked The Lehigh Valley loco.
If I'm not modelling Southern Pacific, I would model some Lehigh Valley!
Seaboard system is nice too.

Please keep adding pictures and its story on MH&RR.
As Webbo said, we will be watching!!!  :thumbsup:

:camera:  Dats

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:49:39 am »
Thanks guys.

I wanted to post the bits of video which I recorded as well, but unfortunately, I don't think the Forum will allow me to upload them in one of these threads.

So photos it is!

Andy
UK

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:47:57 am »
Sadly we don't have capability on the forum to upload vids so they have to go via a host such as YouTube, Dropbox etc.
Some fabulous liveries on your locos, Andy! :drool:

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 09:53:05 am »
Thanks Nobby.

Unfortunately, Youtube won't be getting as many new videos uploaded to it.  I'm not the only person who is unhappy they've removed their in house editing program.  There's now hundreds and hundreds of people on their site who have asked for it to be reinstated again.

You'd think it would be "if it ain't broke" but they've removed the editor anyway.

Andy
UK

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:14 am »
Hi Andy, You had some great looking heritage units show up for your railfan day at South Pine. Sorry I couldn't be there, but here's a photo  :D

When I purchased my Window 7 computer several years ago, it came with a movie editing program called "Windows Live Movie Maker" Although Microsoft is no longer supporting the product it appears you can download it for free from this web site.
http://www.windows-movie-maker.org/

I've used it to make a couple of movies I've uploaded to Youtube. Here is one example:

I'm not as good at making videos as you guys, but the music and video was edited with "Windows Live Movie Maker"

Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03:34 am »
Thanks for the video and the link, Rich. You are doing better than me in the video department as I've only managed straight downloads from my camera so far. I'll give the windows software a go with my next one.

Webbo

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 08:26:07 am »
Good job on the video Rich.  Night time and day time at the same location!

I have found one which I am experimenting with at the moment that Vinny of BNSF6951 put me onto.  We'll see if I can pull it all together and create another MHRR video soon.

Andy
UK

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 07:24:50 pm »
Hi Andy

Nice to hear that your new video is in progress.
I'm looking forward to seeing it!!
By the way, did the Kermit loco arrive yet?

Dats

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 07:25:11 pm »
I am pleased to announce the arrival of yet another new loco today.  It's the Illinois Terminal, Norfolk Southern Heritage unit, 1072.  It's bright green, and has already gained the Kermit the Frog nickname.

I put the Digitrax decoder in already, and the loco runs nicely.  It's currently in South Pine at the head of a Chicago train.

Photos are likely to follow!

Andy
UK

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Montrose and Highland Railroad and Cascade Thread
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 05:29:00 pm »
Well I didn't go to the planned model railway meeting today.  It's very stormy in my area with high winds, and I decided to stay at home.  I spent seven hours in the shed today, mainly running trains.  Had a really good time as well.  1067 Reading Lines has finally left the layout, after first arriving when I came home from Wisconsin in May!  Two other Heritage units, 8025 Monongahela and 1069 Virginian also left.  I figured that having nine Norfolk Southern locos in Heritage colours was overkill!  They have been replaced by CSX locos on incoming trains.

1067 has gone to New York, 1069 has gone to Grand Rapids, 8025 has gone to Chicago.

I also sent three locomotives to my friend, Bob the Bear in Southampton for repair.

Finally I prepared the area for the new hobo camp, which is close to where the old one was, but will have a rock background, and a better flickering fire effect than the other one.  I guess you wouldn't know where the hobo camp used to be, unless you've seen my Youtube channel!

As for Cascade, which is my new layout, I have finished building the flats for the two dimensional Ruffield Fruit Processors.  I downloaded a factory background off the internet and then made seven copies.  Then I joined them all together and glued them to plasticard sheet.  Finally, I used super glue to glue the flats to the backscene.  In front of the flats goes a three dimensional building which box cars and reefers can be switched into, for loading and unloading.  From the viewer's point of view, the factory is higher than you are, and therefore I don't need to do much of the roof detail!

So instead of going to the local NMRA meeting, I've enjoyed a day on my own layouts.

Andy
UK

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 09:03:20 pm »
Hi Andy

Sorry to hear that you couldn't go.
But it's a good thing for me. Now I can read all fantastic progress you made today.

I can't wait to see photo backdrop on the Cascade. Hopefully you can sought it out the new app.

Everytime you mention train movements on M&HRR, I get a good anxiousness.
Why don't you move to NY, Andy?
I'll bring a pack of coke for you!

Please post some pictures when you have a time.

Dats

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:02 pm »
I'm hoping to spend some more time in the shed tomorrow Dats, so I'll try and remember to take some photos of Ruffield Fruit Processors for you.  I am also toying with the idea of making the second board for the layout smaller, as it's extremely heavy as it is, and I should hate for it to collapse on the lower layout.

As you know we had planned to move to USA Dats, but that's looking increasingly unlikely now.  We would have moved to Washington State or Ohio if we were going to emigrate.  Never mind, you can still come and pay us a visit here and play trains!

Andy
UK

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 05:34:00 pm »
It's a memorable day!  Not only am I 51 today, but I also went to a localish model railroad store, and picked up my last Norfolk Southern Heritage SD70ACe, the 1071 Central Jersey Lines loco.  Now if I can find a Fox Valley Models 8114 , the red Norfolk Southern, I'll have all twenty!

Andy
UK

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here