Dapol Hoover with Sound !

Started by Dalek, October 04, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Dalek

robert shrives

Karhedron

The price looks a bit steep though. The Farish class 40 with sound is only £210.

Hah, only::)
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Dr Al

Quote from: Karhedron on October 04, 2017, 03:25:26 PM
The price looks a bit steep though. The Farish class 40 with sound is only £210.

Hah, only::)

And that'll be RRP - usually 15% discount can be found on this from the bigger shifters.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

njee20

Booo that they've not decided to do revised-NSE, despite using that for the promo shots  ::)

acko22

Not on the first run, but with the foaming from some peoples mouths I would be very suprised if they didnt release it on the 2ns run.
Plus you have to think there is room for another livery after the club special has been done.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

bluedepot

this is great news!

not really sure if I will order dcc or dcc sound, as that does seem very expensive!

do they all come with a speaker fitted in them anyway?

if I like the model I'll order a revised nse version from second batch as well!

Tim

ntpntpntp

Developing their own decoders (suggests an rmweb post)? Or simply working with a decoder manufacturer.  I'd have thought they're not really geared up to design and develop DCC decoders, and there are plenty of decoder manufacturers with the skills already so surely the latter is more likely?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

njee20

Yes, buying in decoders and sticking their logo on them I'm sure. Not that that's a problem. I'd rather they focused on making good models, and left the decoder manufacturers to make the decoders!

Quote from: bluedepot on October 04, 2017, 06:25:20 PM
this is great news!
do they all come with a speaker fitted in them anyway?

if I like the model I'll order a revised nse version from second batch as well!

Unlikely, they'll have space for a speaker, but won't actually have one fitted. Revised NSE seems a very likely option somewhere down the line, but that there'll be one in the second batch is pure speculation at this point!

longbow

The GBP140 RRP premium for factory fitted sound models seems excessive given that quality third party sound packages can be had for around GBP100, and that Farish are offering sound on their upcoming Class 40 at a premium of only GBP70. 

Reducing the price of RTR sound is surely a good way for manufacturers to stimulate demand and to raise average selling prices. More sales of sound-fitted models will lower the cost of decoders thus accelerating uptake. Kudos to Farish for leading the way.   

deltic009

Elgar in green is the one I want the most and I'm not in their special club, this makes me sad. I'm going old school so no DCC or sound required.

njee20

Just join the club. It's £25, and they reduce the cost of the club edition loco. Ok there'll still be a slight premium as you know everyone will be selling the others for 15% off, but it's not exactly insurmountable.

darve

Does anybody know if you can join the club and purchase the loco at the same time? It's a must buy for me, but also not in the club.. Otherwise, I guess join around next Summer and then hope it's out within a year?

njee20

The blurb on the Dapol site says they'll send out order forms with the next newsletter plus welcome packs, so I'd presume you can just join now and pre-order, would be poor form if continued memebership was a prerequisite in the event of their delay.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations