!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Traxeditor.com - free and portable  (Read 577 times)

Offline MalcolmAL

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Traxeditor.com - free and portable
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 01:16:28 pm »
Good news !
I can now play with Trax !!
The news of of my joy was somewhat premature !
Although I can lay track I cannot select a piece to move it or delete it.
The destructions say to double click on the piece, but that only adds a new piece of the last used track but displaced from where the mouse is pointing :(
Anyone had this and found the work around ? Thanks in anticipation :)

Oh well back to Scarm 0.9.29 !!

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »
Although I can lay track I cannot select a piece to move it or delete it.
The destructions say to double click on the piece, but that only adds a new piece of the last used track but displaced from where the mouse is pointing :(
Anyone had this and found the work around ? Thanks in anticipation :)

Selecting a piece of track in the middle of a railroad: single click
Selecting a piece to move... click on the blue point at the end you later want to connect somewhere, then drag
moving a piece in the middle of a road: select it, and then under Projext, use the scissor and past-icon to do a cut and paste... it is then placed in a free unconnected place in your layout, then select the blue ball and drag to new place

I know, definitely not as nice (as UI) as other installed editors, butfor simple layouts it is still an alternative.
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline MalcolmAL

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 02:20:16 pm »
but for simple layouts it is still an alternative.
Yes indeed :) and it is free and gifted !

Thanks, I have found my problem with your helpful hints :-
I have a mouse pointing error :(
If I click on the required track piece nothing happens (top pic below), however if I slowly move my mouse down clicking as I go I eventually (by a few mm) get the piece clicked and it changes to red, (bottom pic) and I can then 'do' with it !

Hmmm, is it my mouse, my browser or the software,, not to worry I now know to click at approximate random hither and thither till I hit a sweet-spot  ;D  :thumbsup:

EDIT : Update : problem solved = zoom in much closer than one may be accustomed to working in 'other' software, then the mouse and focus come together.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:58:38 pm by MalcolmAL »

Offline MalcolmAL

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:43 pm »
Having solved the prob. of loss of mouse focus on zoom-out, I now have another !

I cant see the Kato Unitrack Double Crossover part20-210 am I going blind or is it not there ?

moving a piece in the middle of a road: select it, and then under Projext, use the scissor and past-icon to do a cut and paste...
Thanks yes works a treat, shame having to go to the Project area to do it instead of all in the Tracks bit, no worries, we will get used to it :) as you say, "different" :)

Edit a little later ( oh what fun we are having  :D ) : Inspiration ! : Ctrl-C, Del, Ctrl-V all work within the Tracks editor ! Bingo !
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:46:04 pm by MalcolmAL »

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £90.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
164% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything