!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: APT-E by Revolution  (Read 7853 times)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: APT-E by Revolution
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »
A quick update:

After a fast start things have started to slow down (not unexpectedly), we're somewhere between 33%-40% of the total expressions of interest we'd need (the range is because it depends on the exact minimum order number that Rapido want).

The vast majority of people still say that tilt is not a dealbreaker.  Having said which if we can do tilt then we will.

On that note, if anyone has a spare tilting Fleischmann ICE T that they might be willing to sell (working or not) or even just a spare coach then please PM me.

Cheers, Mike

Offline KiraKat

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »
A quick update:

After a fast start things have started to slow down (not unexpectedly), we're somewhere between 33%-40% of the total expressions of interest we'd need (the range is because it depends on the exact minimum order number that Rapido want).

The vast majority of people still say that tilt is not a dealbreaker.  Having said which if we can do tilt then we will.

On that note, if anyone has a spare tilting Fleischmann ICE T that they might be willing to sell (working or not) or even just a spare coach then please PM me.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike I just checked on ebay and there is a ICE-T set for around 300 and some individual carriages for around 60 ish each not had much luck finding any shops in the uk with it though, hope this is of some use for you

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2017, 04:06:29 pm »
I've got a couple of Hornby APT coaches somewhere if anyone's interested.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Online Yet_Another

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25847
  • Chacun son got!
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 07:31:00 pm »
Notwithstanding the usual disclaimers, how are the expressions of interest going?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Online Shiney Sheff

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2018, 04:45:43 pm »
I was at York show over the weekend and having expressed an interest for one a while back,  noticed flyers on the desk for the APT-E, is there an update or any progression?

Bob

Offline Richard G Dallimore

• N Gauge Society Number: 17713
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2018, 04:53:46 pm »
Having asked the expressions are going well, I won't quote numbers as I may (probably) get it wrong. But I was quite surprised so I am sure once Ben and Mike have dealt with the Pendo's and the Class B's their minds might return to this, great idea. If this is succesful perhaps Dapol will / can be persuaded to revisit the HST prototype.
Regards
Richard
Formerly NtasticShop
Dapol Apologist (according to RMWeb)
Grumpy Old Git (Late 40s)
Member of NGS (but not allowed to comment)
Why am I surrounded by maroons?

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2018, 06:59:02 pm »
I really would love an A P.T -E  I allready have a 3D printed Proto type H S T and 3 coaches with Electra Graphics and a dummy Scotrail 47 as I have seen a photo of that on the G C R North .Now I have started to seriously started to thin down some of my locos and stock that I very rarely run I might have enough money to actually pay for an A P T -E  if it goes ahead .
I allso managed to buy a kit built L M S 10,000 as a non runner at a very good price and after changeing  all the wheels and mending the bogie side frames it runs reasonably well ,I now need to find the right transfer number to change it to 10,001 so that I have the L M S twins.
Bob Tidbury

Online Bob G

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2018, 11:21:58 pm »
I really would love an A P.T -E  I allready have a 3D printed Proto type H S T and 3 coaches with Electra Graphics and a dummy Scotrail 47 as I have seen a photo of that on the G C R North .Now I have started to seriously started to thin down some of my locos and stock that I very rarely run I might have enough money to actually pay for an A P T -E  if it goes ahead .
I allso managed to buy a kit built L M S 10,000 as a non runner at a very good price and after changeing  all the wheels and mending the bogie side frames it runs reasonably well ,I now need to find the right transfer number to change it to 10,001 so that I have the L M S twins.
Bob Tidbury

Remember only 10000 was LMS branded. The other had nothing to start with.
Like all good models, they had more livery variations than running numbers!

Best
Bob

Offline NeMo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2018, 08:53:46 am »
I now need to find the right transfer number to change it to 10,001 so that I have the L M S twins.

Remember only 10000 was LMS branded. The other had nothing to start with.
Like all good models, they had more livery variations than running numbers!

But also remember it's your railway @Bob Tidbury and if you want to run both both 'Twins' under LMS auspices, that's entirely and absolutely at your discretion -- and nobody, however well read in such matters, is allowed to tell you it's wrong to do so!

Cheers,

NeMo

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2018, 09:06:04 am »
Thanks for the info guys,BUT we had better get back to the fact that we want a A P T-E which was the original post, sorry for the diversion .
Now that people have seen the production Pendos and have seen what a great job the whole team have done I am sure the expresions of interest  will come rolling in . I will be sorting out more stuff to sell so that I can pay up front for it . I want an A P T-E .please.
Bob Tidbury

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2018, 09:13:13 am »

Hello all,

Thanks to all those who came for a chat at York.  Our next show is the DEMU Showcase in June, then it's TINGS and Warley.

APT-E expressions of interest are now well over half way, and I just checked and we have had well over a couple of dozen over the weekend, which is great.

We always anticipated that this model would be a bit of a slow burner, but to be over half way at only six months in is surprising and encouraging.  If expressions continue at roughly this pace, we *could* be in a position to give this model the green light early in 2019.

As has been said above, I think both Mike and I are optimistic that the evident quality of the Pendolino will reassure anyone who had concerns, and we may see further uptake in both the APT-E and the Class 321/320 units.

I honestly feel these are exciting times to be an N gauge modeller.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline cjdodd

• Owner of Colworth Hill and Billybrook Yard
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2018, 09:48:44 am »
Revolution Trains have been a breath of fresh air in the N Gauge world. Given some new life to it. You actually listen to what people want and you are prepaired to put some of the more obscure stuff on the table for people to make decisions over. Now Ive got my Pendolino Ill be investing in more models in the future.

Offline carlmt

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2018, 10:20:05 pm »
Just noticed this and, regardless of the fact that I model German and Austrian N, an expression of interest has been made.

I remember seeing this beast fly through Slough one Thursday when I was at tech college - never forget it!

Cheers
Carl

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
September Donations

Advertise Here