!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Poor service from rails of sheffield  (Read 1306 times)

Offline davidinyork

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Poor service from rails of sheffield
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »
For new stuff they are fine. With second-hand I've had a few issues - not serious enough that I wouldn't buy from them again, but enough that I am wary. I don't live that far away so can go to their shop if needed (although it was easier when I worked in Sheffield for part of the week).

Offline robert shrives

• N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:47 pm »
 Hi To add my weight never had a bad dealing in 25 years with Rails of Sheffield.
Great shop, great folk great service.

On a recent visit I asked about some on line items and was taken to the stores and offered a look and pick session in the secondhand empire, left poorer of course but with a bag full.

New items via Royal mail often a few days quicker than Hattons but shops have not a lot of control once postie picks up.

However feel for OP as living so far away the shipping and time taken must be exasperating in the current instant world we all aspire towards! Having seen the almost KND affect of shipping on Heljan models a shame the loco and tender burst!   good luck with correction
Robert
Robert   

Offline eddief83

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 01:25:20 pm »
Just wanted to add I have never had a bad experience with Rails either. Bought some Dapol Gresley coaches off them a couple of weeks ago (managed to get a tenner off their ebay price too) and asked them to delay postage for a week as I was away on holiday at the time. This was no trouble for them so it saved me a trip to the post office when I returned.

Offline NinOz

• N Gauge Society Number: Ex3504
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 01:43:58 pm »
1936Ace,
Sure can be frustrating with long, very long supply lines.
I get the feeling that they may have misunderstood the events you described.

Where to from here?
Going to send it for repair/replacement or try to fix it yourself?
Seems strange that just resting in a box caused a shift to a no-goer.  Bad contacts or loose wire perhaps?

Regards,
CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

Offline Portpatrick

• N Gauge Society Number: 3434
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 01:59:12 pm »
A shame when one of us have problems.  I have used Rails a number of times, both direct from their website and via EBay, around 3 times in as many months.  No issues for me.  Most recently a kit built N2 - very nice.

Online joe cassidy

• Awards
Re:good service from rails of sheffield
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »
I received my green class 40 today in Paris (ordered 7 days ago).

One thing I would like to mention here is that there was a label stuck to the invoice indicating that the loco had been tested prior to despatch.

Bravo Rails !

Best regards,

Joe
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:20:04 pm by Railwaygun, Reason: title edited »

Online Phoenix

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Rails.

I am having dealings with them at the moment. The last loco I bought from them was a Farish 64XX at a fab price ( 65.00 new ... I wouldn't buy second hand without seeing it first) and was delivered super quick.

I have had now to send back a Dapol 57XX that has given up the ghost. The people I spoke to on the phone were really helpful. They checked stock, but had not got a replacement to send straight away so have ordered a new one for me. Within 5mins they e-mailed a free postage label for me to send the other one back.

No probs with them.

Kind regards
Kevin

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 10:26:37 pm »
I also have had no problems, apart from one, with Rails, either buying new direct or 2nd hand via ebay. The one problem I did have, was when they sent an order for someone else to me. A quick phone call and I was asked to send the order onto the correct buyer and a replacement was sent to me. They also credited me with 10, which was about twice what the postage cost me to send the order to the correct buyer.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:41 pm »
not bought anything from Rails for a while, but always found their service to be really good.
just my experience.
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here