!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cascade 1  (Read 893 times)

Offline texhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Cascade 1
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 04:46:53 pm »
Hi Rich

Wow!!!!  So envious of you getting into all those locomotives.  8104 is Dats' favourite locomotive as well!  He'll want to see this photo for sure!

Cascade 3 has not been done yet.  I have to say that when I put the Woodland Scenics Water Effects on the river, I was highly disappointed.  I know the river would go opaque because I was disturbing the smooth, clear surface, but I am not happy at all with the results.  Maybe I'm being too critical, I don't know.

Just wanted to ask Rich, that in MHRR 41, it's Railfan Day at South Pine.  Do you think you can drive one or two of the Heritage locos over for me?!!!  I'm just waiting for one particular CSX Heritage loco - Yes you read that correctly - to arrive from Mike Fifer, then I'll be making the video.

Andy
UK

Montrose and Highland Railroad

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 05:57:21 pm »
Hi Rich

Wow!!!!  So envious of you getting into all those locomotives.  8104 is Dats' favourite locomotive as well!  He'll want to see this photo for sure!

Cascade 3 has not been done yet.  I have to say that when I put the Woodland Scenics Water Effects on the river, I was highly disappointed.  I know the river would go opaque because I was disturbing the smooth, clear surface, but I am not happy at all with the results.  Maybe I'm being too critical, I don't know.

Just wanted to ask Rich, that in MHRR 41, it's Railfan Day at South Pine.  Do you think you can drive one or two of the Heritage locos over for me?!!!  I'm just waiting for one particular CSX Heritage loco - Yes you read that correctly - to arrive from Mike Fifer, then I'll be making the video.

Andy
UK

Hi Andy, Sorry, no can do on the Heritage Units. Part of the government mandated PTC is GPS being installed on all the locomotives. The boxes on the roof, we call antenna farms, so far two of those antennas are GPS antennas. Let me tell you, they keep a pretty close eye on the location of those units, it wouldn't take them very long to realize a couple found their way to the UK, then we'd both have a lot of explaining to do :D  :smiley-laughing:  I met Mike in person at the Pittsburgh N Scale convention. He's a great guy. Which CSX Heritage unit is he doing? Is it by chance the P&LE heritage Unit???  :laugh3: :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline texhorse

• N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 06:15:38 pm »
 :laughabovepost:

Hi Rich

I think we'll be ok.  South Pine may be in the UK, if you think literally, but as Bob Ross would say "In our little world...." South Pine is on the Indiana / Ohio border, so I think it would be ok.  I hear rumours there should be six NS Heritage units there, together with a UP one, the two BNSF ones which Cherry Valley depot repainted a few years back, and the new CSX one.  This is an ES44AC loco which CSX have repainted into Seaboard System grey colours.

There's also rumours that there will be a shuttle service between the "All Aboard" restaurant, the former South Pine station, and Gallinas, with another Heritage unit on three Amtrak carriages, providing rides for foamers er railfans and the public.

Should be a good day.  Now if I can only shrink myself down to N Scale size, I would no doubt appreciate it more.  On second thoughts, I need to film the event, so perhaps I'll stay as I am....

Andy
UK
 :D
Montrose and Highland Railroad

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations