!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Montrose and Highland Railroad 38  (Read 257 times)

Offline texhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Montrose and Highland Railroad 38
« on: June 10, 2017, 04:58:36 pm »
Hi guys

I have produced a new video for my Montrose and Highland Railroad channel on Youtube.  In this episode, the layout gets a partial makeover, to assist me with old age and decrepitude!!!!  Seriously, it was done to help me not having to  crawl under the boards to run trains.  The layout is quite different as a result.  Take a look.  Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCc4YxnAZI

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Montrose and Highland Railroad 38
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »
Hi Andy

I think you did an exceptionally good job on alternating the existing configuration.
It looks like that you made it with a minimum scenery damage, dispite of all stuff you have done to the layout!!
Two thumbs up for your courage!!

I miss the headless ghost though!
Dats

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »
Thanks Dats, I miss Walt too.

I will no doubt find somewhere else for him to wander and haunt.  The alterations to my layout took some soul searching and more than a little grief, but I am now glad I went through with it, since it has opened the room up a lot more, and made it easier to get around in there.

Andy
UK

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 15978
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:16:28 pm »
Does for me Andy -a nice mix of everything in that one . Details, locos etc what else can a man want ? Keep it going please !
Regards

Neil

Remember -this is not a practice !!
And I was Born ready .

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »
Hi Andy, Being new to the forum I wish to thank you for your YouTube videos. So far I've watched episodes 37 through 40. Good to see you have your layout back up and running after major layout surgery. I know exactly what you mean about bad knees, I'm hoping my knees will get me though the next several years before retirement.

It was also great to see the video of your Model Railroader office visit and your visit to Jim Hediger Ohio Southern layout. I've been a fan of Jim's OS since the early 1970's and his original single deck layout. Unbelievably a video exists of his original Ohio Southern layout.

Thank you again Andy and I look forward to future Montrose and Highland railroad updates on Youtube.

Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline texhorse

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:57:25 pm »
Hi Rich, thanks for your kind words.

Now that I've got used to the new set up, I am enjoying the layout all over again! 

I think it was a good idea with hindsight that I "wrecked" the layout and rebuilt it again, while I was still healthy enough to rebuild it.  Perhaps if I'd waited five more years it might have been a lot more difficult to sort it out.  Getting older is something we all need to get used to.  Heck!  Just today, I've been in an attorney's office, making a will.  There's a separate section for what happens to my model railroad collection!

It was both an honour and a privilege to see the Model Railroader offices, Hiawatha Hobbies and particularly to meet and be invited to Jim Hediger's home.  He really is a gentleman, and a gentle man.  His layout was amazing.  What I didn't show you is his crew room.  In there, is even more of a collection, including a large pile of kits Jim has yet to build!  Jim was gracious enough to give me his Ohio Southern business card, and extend an open invitation to return whenever I like!

The Montrose and Highland Railroad goes from strength to strength.  Video 41 is coming soon, and there are also two Cascade videos of my new layout for you to look at as well!

Andy
UK

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here