'New Posts' not working

Started by Yet_Another, May 25, 2017, 08:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

I'm just having a quick browse on my ipad, and I'm finding that the orange 'new' icon is not always taking me to the new posts, but only to the top of the page with the posts on. The 'last post' icon is behaving the same way.

I don't think it's every time, but the 'Remagen' thread, and at least one other, have just done it to me.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Tank

No problems he for me on various devices.  Is anyone else having trouble?

Malc

I use an iPad and don't really have an issue with the "new" button. Occasionally it displays the new post at the bottom of the page rather than the top, but it is on the screen. I suspect that if there is a little flurry of posts, it may not be fully updated.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Yet_Another

It's only happened a few times, and I only mentioned it because I noticed it on two separate occasions, and different functions seemed to be doing the same thing. It's probably a transitory machination in the server gubbins, as you say Malc, something not updating very fast.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

PeteW

Quote from: Yet_Another on May 25, 2017, 08:00:01 PM
It's probably a transitory machination in the server gubbins.

You  IT experts with your technical jargon!  :dunce: :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations