!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran/Trepol Bay  (Read 16204 times)

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran/Trepol Bay
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2017, 05:01:34 pm »
Well Martin & Chris i donít know about other members who have read this, but i was enthralled by it and my imagination was in overdrive again, just like it was when i was a little boy reading stories about the adventures of The Famous Five and especially "Swallows and AmazonsĒ, has i had all my six week holidays in The Lake District.

You have both given a new light to our hobby, i canít wait for the next episode you both write about. You both could publish these stories and make a living from them iíam sure. BRILLIANT WORK    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   
These stories have been published for our enjoyment for some considerable time now Steamie. I'm waiting in hope for the omnibus kindle edition to be published.   :) :thumbsup:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2017, 05:14:19 pm »
Thank you, Bob. That's very flattering. (I have still to finish a Christmas story . . .) An omnibus edition (tidied up text, maps, glossary, dramatis personae, etc.) as a .PDF would be easy and could be emailed. I understand publishing on Kindle is not very difficult but I'd have to take the time, later, to learn how.

I'm definitely inspired by 1960s stories and books on 1960s Swinging London and the railways in Cornwall. Martin is the expert on Cornish matters.

There is still the story of the Trevelver Castle "Golden Hoard / Horde" to complete. I'm sure that Martin is pondering more stories about local characters in Trepol Bay and Port Perran.

There are more stories involving the inhabitants of Trevelver Castle, the "Chelsea Girls" and their friends, too, as well as Doctor Who and Susan. However, I'm conscious of the need to not stray too far from the railways.

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2017, 05:17:49 pm »
Lots to look forward to....
 :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2017, 08:08:32 pm »
I have another story involving Port Perran, Trepol Bay and Cant Cove lined up for later this Summer.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2017, 08:12:56 pm »
I have another story involving Port Perran, Trepol Bay and Cant Cove lined up for later this Summer.
Bring it on Port Perran. :)

Bob Austin

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2017, 12:13:58 am »
:hellosign: Looking forward to more Martin
    regards Derek.

Steamie+

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2017, 07:16:50 am »
Really looking forward to the new episode from down Cornwall.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2017, 06:12:45 pm »
After clearing a backlog of other jobs the painters at the CLPG at Port Perran and at the Trepol Bay wagon works have started work on a very big contract to paint a large batch of wagons into the colours of various local companies including, Headland Brewery, Prisk & Jones Fruit & Veg merchants and Port Perran Timber Works in the first batches.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2017, 06:18:34 pm »
Look forward to seeing those...
 :)

Bob Austin

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2017, 08:11:39 pm »
The painters (actually it was me) became somewhat distracted by the end of the Bangladesh v New Zealand cricket so all painting work finished early today.
Meanwhile, the annual Samphire season has started a little early this year with the very first examples of the local seagrass delicacy arriving at The Trepol Bay fish distributors earlier today.
Local hoteliers are very keen to get hold of the delicacy to enhance their weekend fish menus. As such the early, delicately tasting samphire commands high prices.
The first two wagonloads are seen loaded up at Trepol Bay harbour about to be worked up to the station yard by the local class 04 shunter:

A few moments later the 04 and two vans work up the incline away from the harbour as aT9 departs the station bound for Wadebridge. A Southern National bus for Padstow crosses the bridge (oops- Sorry I need to rectify that gap in the backboard):

Later the first van is added to a local to Truro (worked by a 64xx pannier). Boxes of samphire grass will be unloaded at most intermediate stations en-route:

45 minutes later the same train is seen arriving at Port Perran.

Finally the 2nd van has been attached to a local for Wadebridge ( from where the van will work forward to Cant Cove and Penmayne) seen leaving Trepol Bay station behind an Ivatt 2-6-2T. The 04 waits to work an empty Creech Ales Brewery wagon back down to the harbour warehouse of the Headland Brewery.

Local food lovers are eagerly awaiting their first taste of the early season samphire and are prepared to pay well, very well indeed,  for the privilege.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:07:13 pm by port perran »
My Layouts -

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2017, 08:28:22 pm »
Great pictures Martin - Masterchef must have been a boon for the Samphire industry!

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2017, 08:46:24 pm »
Smashing pics, Martin. Thank you.

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2017, 08:49:06 pm »
 :drool:

Bob Austin

Steamie+

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2017, 06:54:11 am »
Great bit of painting Martin.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »
Hello Martin, many thanks for the latest :greatpicturessign: all is looking superb
   regards Derek.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything