!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran/Trepol Bay  (Read 13940 times)

mika and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran/Trepol Bay
« Reply #570 on: November 13, 2017, 09:43:52 pm »
Many thanks for the map.  I have fond memories of a holiday in Perranporth as a child (mid 1960s) when we stayed just a short walk from what had been Perranporth Beach Halt.  Closed by then, but a fascinating concrete structure amidst the weeds accessed through a kissing gate if my memory serves.  Wonderful area.

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #571 on: November 13, 2017, 10:14:22 pm »
Hello Mr.Martin and Mr. Brian,

Thank you. I've got the printed map now  :claphappy: although there looks like a big shadowy man at the bottom of the page about to destroy Plymouth  :worried:.

Heigh ho, he's a Bristol City fan, I'm a Pompey fan and we've all been at it for years! No worries  :).

Cheers guys, will put in my new 'Cornwall Layouts Memory Bank' folder with the other maps and list of PO liveries etc.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #572 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:23 pm »
 :hellosign: Many thanks for the excellent map for clarity. & :greatpicturessign:
      regards Derek.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #573 on: November 15, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »
Hello Mr.Martin and Mr. Brian,

Thank you. I've got the printed map now  :claphappy: although there looks like a big shadowy man at the bottom of the page about to destroy Plymouth  :worried:.

Heigh ho, he's a Bristol City fan, I'm a Pompey fan and we've all been at it for years! No worries  :).

Cheers guys, will put in my new 'Cornwall Layouts Memory Bank' folder with the other maps and list of PO liveries etc.

Cheers weave  :beers:
Weíve already destroyed Plymouth this season in the Carabo (whatever that is) Cup - 5 nil!
Roll on Manchester United next.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #574 on: November 17, 2017, 07:51:52 pm »
There are going to be headaches aplenty throughout the country judging by the amount of Samís Cider on the move.....
A black Dean Goods takes the station avoiding line at Port Perran heading westwards towards Blackwater Junction and on to Penzance. Maybe a good night will be had in the Admiral Benbow later!

The CLPG workshops in the background have been busy painting the wagon in the red livery of Port Perran Timber merchants.  The CLPG stores van looks resplendent in its Prussian Blue livery.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: November 17, 2017, 07:55:58 pm »
I spy the Tardis again!  And the CLPG workshops look awfully like my goods shed.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #576 on: November 17, 2017, 08:00:35 pm »
I spy the Tardis again!  And the CLPG workshops look awfully like my goods shed.
Aha. Got you. Admittedly it looks like the tardis but is actually a lineside hut Iím afraid.
And yes, the CLPG workshop is indeed a former goods shed.
My Layouts -

Offline Mito

• N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: November 17, 2017, 08:39:19 pm »
There are going to be headaches aplenty throughout the country judging by the amount of Samís Cider on the move.....
A black Dean Goods takes the station avoiding line at Port Perran heading westwards towards Blackwater Junction and on to Penzance. Maybe a good night will be had in the Admiral Benbow later!

The CLPG workshops in the background have been busy painting the wagon in the red livery of Port Perran Timber merchants.  The CLPG stores van looks resplendent in its Prussian Blue livery.

Extra shifts are being worked to keep up with demand. Internal discussions are being held as whether to inquire about importing French cider apples next year. Cider demand is on the increase and Sam's Cider would like to aument its range of ciders. Early days yet.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #578 on: November 17, 2017, 08:49:43 pm »

Extra shifts are being worked to keep up with demand. Internal discussions are being held as whether to inquire about importing French cider apples next year. Cider demand is on the increase and Sam's Cider would like to aument its range of ciders. Early days yet.
David Penworthy of Redbow Farm near Trepol Bay has the largest acreage of  Colloggett Pippin apples in West Cornwall. Normally grown in the Tamar Valley, David has discovered that the trees do well in the rich soils on his farm. The pippins are well known for their sweetness and suitability for cider.
It is rumoured thar David is in discussion with the head brewer at Samís Cider with a view to supplying apples which could be transported out of Cornwall in specially cleaned cattle wagons.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:55:54 pm by port perran »
My Layouts -

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #579 on: November 17, 2017, 08:59:41 pm »
That was a well kept secret! Let's hope that discussions are fruitful. :)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #580 on: November 17, 2017, 09:02:52 pm »
Theyíll no doubt get down to the core business very soon.
Hopefully no one takes the pip  :D
My Layouts -

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: November 17, 2017, 09:07:07 pm »
Bulmer's of Hereford used specially cleaned coal hopper wagons to transport cider apples, every autumn. I think specially cleaned mineral wagons would do the job.

Head cidermaker?

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #582 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:14 pm »
I think we'll call the head cidermaker Fred Haggett.
From a list of Somerset names.

Offline trkilliman

• N Gauge Society Number: 16855
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: November 17, 2017, 09:49:22 pm »
Theyíll no doubt get down to the core business very soon.
Hopefully no one takes the pip  :D

As long as they don't russet through...pressing times maybe?

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #584 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:09 am »

I'm sure the 'Compagnie Internationale des Well-Lashed' can accommodate some sort of export arrangement  :D. (That's if you meant me).

We do like our cooperatives over here and are always willing to help although we're keeping an eye on our Cornish friends who sound like they might be muscling in on any potential future business transactions  :hmmm:.

Found this from Bulmers (1957)...

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/cider-apples-being-unloaded-from-railway-wagons-at-bulmers-factory-picture-id90748439

Cheers and Sante,

Weave  :beers:.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:39:28 am by weave »

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here