!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Beattie Road, 70's to 90's Attic scenic layout  (Read 3811 times)

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
Re: Beattie Road, 70's to 90's Attic scenic layout
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2017, 08:02:08 am »
North Watford has passenger access up the ramp and as you are thinking, there's a small bus shelter style waiting area.

Here's a photo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Watford#/media/File:Watford_North_entrance.jpg

Dave G

Offline mattycoops43

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2017, 09:03:44 pm »
I am lost in a world of card kits, sitting building them with STar Trek NG on in the background. Happy days!

Anyway, couple of pics, the Country station comes with a lovely waiting room for the opposite platform, but it is a bit wide for the island platform, problem solved, it is perfect for the other station. I have ordered the country halt and small country station to do the other 2 stations.

A note on the Footbridges. I tried the Kestrel one (gaugemaster now) and I am very disappointed. It had been around for ages and the moulds are obviously knackered, I spent ages trying to clean up the pieces but they were shocking. The Metcalfe one looks so much better, despite being card. Iam hoping it will look ok painted up with some concrete colours and rusty iron supports but it is a bit naff.

Offline mattycoops43

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »
North Watford has passenger access up the ramp and as you are thinking, there's a small bus shelter style waiting area.

Here's a photo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Watford#/media/File:Watford_North_entrance.jpg

Dave G

Yes, that's the kind of thing. I have ordered the Metcalfe Wayside halt shelter, and I think I will go for that on the platform if it fits, and access to the platform up the end ramp.

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2017, 08:51:59 am »
The station buildings are looking really good. The Metcalfe country station does come up very nicely.

I tried the Kestrel footbridge and thought it didn't look right so abandoned it. The Scenecraft covered footbridge (42-127) works well although costing a lot more than the decent Metcalfe offering.

Dave G

Offline mattycoops43

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »
Just an additional thought. I am aware the buildings are all clean and have the white edges showing. My plan is to get the bulk of them made, then have a session and get rid of the white lines and add a bit of weathering all at the same time so they get the same effect.

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2017, 07:38:05 am »
When building Metcalfe kits, I use watercolour pencils with a fine/sharp tip to lose the white shown in the fold.

I dip the pencil in water just for a moment and carefully  :worried: run down the fold, before assembly.

The Works often do a set of the pencils at a good price.

Gentle dry brushing is suggested if you are weathering the walls and roofs as the card doesn't take kindly to anything close to damp!

Dave G

Offline mattycoops43

• Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »
Metcalfe Wayside station, I think this is a newer one as it has lots of lazer cut bits. Particularly liking the BR posters, including HST advert.

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2017, 06:37:32 am »
When building Metcalfe kits, I use watercolour pencils with a fine/sharp tip to lose the white shown in the fold.

I dip the pencil in water just for a moment and carefully  :worried: run down the fold, before assembly.
Everyone will find a different technique that suits them best.  I tend to fold the sections back at 180 degrees and use the side of a dry watercolour pencil to colour the white edges.  When unfolded back to the correct shape, it seems to serve the purpose.
With kind regards
Laurence

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here