Etched Pixels/Ultima

Started by paulprice, April 27, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiney Sheff

If I was closer I certainly would.  :D

PaulinSouthMidlands

Always nice to hear an interesting back story and good to see you back in form posting here Alan after what must have been a difficult few years.

Dont let the missing roof get the Ironclad brakes wet though, I'm looking foward to seeing those released once you are all sorted  :D

EtchedPixels

So for those curious I do actually now appear to have a non-leaky roof, although it's taken far longer than expected because the damage from years of neglect was much worse. When some of the tiles were lifted lots of the woodwork beneath had basically ceased to exist !

While we were away all the woodwork basement has been sprayed with interesting chemicals and then cleaned up by men in chemical suits.

Not exactly on schedule but there are now only a few things to be done before the basement ceilings go back up and EP can actually move into the house. That's not going to be July as we have to get the more exciting bits of the plumbing fixed first because the scaffolders want their poles back. The plumbing is fun.. why is there a funny smell in one room, well because when you trace the pipes two sinks and a macerator just go into one pipe ! Eww...

On the other hand while trying to sort out the plumbing we discovered another walled off room, mostly full of rubble, in the basement ! It's that kind of a house - I just hope when we clear the rubble we don't find any bodies ;-)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Hailstone

maybe the entrance to a tunnel -I remember going into the cellar of the sun in lambs conduit street in London many years ago, the landlord at that time was a real ale enthusiast, and had excavated what he thought initially were extensions to his cellar but found that one of them went at least 100 yards down Lambs conduit street, and there was no sign of it ending!
maybe its a smugglers tunnel - have fun!

All the best,

Alex

trkilliman

Interesting and pleased to hear that progress is being made, albeit slower than you had anticipated. This is old buildings, and the can of worms effect that so often unfolds with them.

Once up and running you may have to consider a phased return, as I reckon you'll get an avalanche of orders!

Purely out of curiosity, will you be getting into 3D printing yourself, as opposed to Shapeways services?

REGP

Great to hear there is some progress at last Alan, maybe a few photos of your new basement would be interesting.
Ray

nick_bastable

sounds like your need a lot of orders to pay for the additional work required

good luck

Nick

maridunian

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 01, 2017, 10:43:02 PM
It is however a truely epic house with a clear view from the hill over the whole of Swansea bay

I have relatives in Ty Coch/Sketty with a similar  magnificent view. I'm soon to move to Saundersfoot, but my sea view will involve a climb to the top of the garden.

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

EtchedPixels

Quote from: trkilliman on June 28, 2017, 02:54:01 PM
Purely out of curiosity, will you be getting into 3D printing yourself, as opposed to Shapeways services?

Don't know yet - brexit not ending in a treaty could easily mean we are all paying a 40% mark up on Shapeways and if so then I don't know what will happen to the 3D stuff.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dorsetmike

I believe Peedie Models have their own 3D print facility.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: REGP on June 28, 2017, 03:16:36 PM
Great to hear there is some progress at last Alan, maybe a few photos of your new basement would be interesting.
Ray

Fairy nuff

zwilnik

RailGooner

And it even has somewhere to read in peace. :read:

Newportnobby

Fairy Nuff has his/her own khazi 8)
Cistern looks a little precarious, mind :worried:

scottmitchell74

Looks like it'll be a lot of work...but looks cool as can be. I'm jealous!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations