!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Changing terminus to thru station.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
Re: Changing terminus to thru station.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2017, 05:39:31 pm »
Been a while since I've been in the area, but isn't Gordon Hill on the Hertford North branch a bay platform, two through lines and a disused track with ramps down to the platforms?

It was when I "worked" there about 12+ years ago. Basically the up platform with bay and an island platform. I don't know if the far side (down road) platform was a through platform it was only ever used in my day for terminating trains from Moorgate. Long covered walkway from the booking office that then turned right to become the footbridge to both platforms.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline JonHarbour

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
Re: Changing terminus to thru station.
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 01:41:40 am »
Another option might be to place the station building below the railway line. Isleworth Station in West London is a good example.

http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/01/04/37/64_big.jpg
Still planning a layout...

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything