!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Blank Canvas, Oops not anymore  (Read 957 times)

Online port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Blank Canvas
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2017, 04:39:12 pm »
I agree with Mick.
It is tight whichever option you choose.
However, scenic wise, I think it has great potential.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Nik96

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
@Drakken keep up the work on the layout as I'm sure you'll make it work for you and of course keep a thread going so we can see how it progresses. If you'd like more help or greater length discussions just drop me a message.
4 Layouts in, I've never got further than ballasting track. 5th time lucky?

Offline Drakken

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2017, 11:03:14 pm »
I will keep at I promise, Unfortunately I am away shortly to visit the inlaws in Cardiff so will be put on hold and work getting in the way as always. I really want to take my time with this one and get it best I can.

Think I've resigned to having to use an extension as a fiddle yard but I think it will be worth it in the end.

So many kind words :beers: I will no doubt to messaging and questioning you all in due time lol  :doh:

Offline Drakken

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 01:10:03 pm »
Well first off I apologise, I'm not sure how this happened but I bought another layout eek. I'll still be building the new layout but Ilanrumney just didn't seem to really work for me so I've decided to box it up and leave at is. I may come back to it in the future.

Anyway the new layout and this will be interlinked somehow  but it is bigger than the original as you've all helped in deciding that the original idea was good just not on the right size. This is a little bit bigger layout and more space behind the walling has three decent sized sidings. I will reuse the baseboard and walling but all the secenery will be coming up to allow for the platform.

I'm thinking less maybe more in this instance but we'll see how this goes together and really, really appreciate the input you all have given especially the size I was using. I feel listening to you guys and going bigger really was the best option.

Anyways thank you for reading and look forward to getting this together. PS it was a bargain  :beers:

In short the new layout will be still getting built but this is the new Llanrumney Sidings which will attach to it in time  :beers:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:57:49 pm by Drakken »

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here