EXCLUSIVE - Worlds Most Popular Box From REVOLUTION

Started by guest2, September 10, 2016, 09:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_death

Thanks for the bump John - reminds me that I need to send out a post-TINGS newsletter!

Things have been a bit busy recently with my day job and getting ready for the arrival (and sending out!) of the TEAs!

Cheers, Mike

njee20

Just ordered 8 containers, spurred on by the update email and this thread! Look forward to getting them. Gone for a Maersk and Evergreen bias! The former for their ubiquity, the latter because I like the colour.

Do they fit on all current container wagons? KFAs and KTAs obviously, but what about FEA 'Spine' wagons?

Ben A

Hi Nick,

THe FEA-Bs have container spigots at the 20' and 30' points.  The centre ribs are mistakenly offset slightly, so I believe that 30' containers don't quite line up, but 20'and 40' containers are fine.

Cheers

Ben A.

PostModN66

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2016, 09:47:04 AM
The 40' hi-cube is now the world's most common container type, and the stepping effect seen when they are mixed with standard height containers is a characteristic feature of intermodal trains. 

Dagnabbit!!!!  My ingenuity in making my own hi-cubes is thwarted by those pesky Revolution trains hombres, Musky!

http://youtu.be/rGk3bcFARgU

At least the ones you are producing are different liveries to the ones I have made....apart from the Maersk ones!

Cheers  Jon  :)

"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

njee20

Quote from: Ben A on September 28, 2016, 03:23:13 PM

Hi Nick,

THe FEA-Bs have container spigots at the 20' and 30' points.  The centre ribs are mistakenly offset slightly, so I believe that 30' containers don't quite line up, but 20'and 40' containers are fine.

Cheers

Ben A.

Perfect, thanks Ben. I was thinking prototypically as much as anything. I wasn't sure if they needed lower floor wagons, I presume they didn't fit on FFA/FGAs? If indeed they 'co-existed'. I'm a little hazy on introduction and retirement dates!

Nick

Ben A

Jon -

Your hi-cubes look great, and give a perfect example of the stepping effect that seems to me so noticeable on modern intermodal trains.  Good job we chose some different liveries!

Nick -

I understand that intermodal containers are designed such that all the weight is carried through the ISO fixing points; this is why soft top or tank containers can be stacked too. 

Wagons and skeletal road trailers are the same - whether on a continuous side or outriggers, the design is such loads are passed via the mounting points.

Cheers

Ben A.

Arran

HI All

If the DHL man is on time i will have the First tooling samples of the 40ft HC at Warley i have enough so Ben can have some as well, I might paint up some just to see the finished look.

Regards Arran
=C=Rail=

mickd247

A couple of photo's for those not visiting Warley would be nice

:beers:

Mick

Ben A

Hi Mick,

We will certainly be uploading photos showing the samples to our website and here as soon as we can.

If you register without obligation with us you'll also receive our newsletters (roughly monthly, give or take) with latest imagery and information about any order deadlines.

Cheers

Ben A.

mickd247

Ben

Thanks for that.

Already registered and also already purchased from you, keep the modern image models coming.

Mick

mickd247

Hi Folks

Did anyone take any photos of the first samples at the weekend? If so could you post them.

Mick

Ben A

Hi Mickster,

Rather stupidly I forgot to take any at the show - though I am pretty sure the model railway press did.

I will try to organise some to be taken and posted on here asap.

Cheers

Ben A.

Smiffy

Quote from: Ben A on November 30, 2016, 11:13:32 AM
Hi Mickster,

Rather stupidly I forgot to take any at the show - though I am pretty sure the model railway press did.

I will try to organise some to be taken and posted on here asap.

Cheers

Ben A.

More stupidly I missed seeing these at the show :doh:

Probably a good thing as even photos might tempt me to order more.

Iain

Ben A

Hello all,

We have received approval samples of the 40' h-cube containers we are producing in conjunction with C-Rail intermodal.

These are the world's most common container, and we are producing six versions.  Left to right: MSC, Evergreen, Maersk, Hamburg Sud, UASC and Hanjin.

They are the ideal load for the KFA container flat being produced for Revolution by Rapido Trains, and will allow enthusiasts to depict the distinctive stepped look of modern intermodal trains.

The KFA wagon is almost ready for production, and at that point we will close the order book.

Unlike our other models we are not producing the containers to order - a fixed number are being produced.  They are £6.50 each, from either Revolution or C-Rail Intermodal, and when they're gone they're gone.

Cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations