EXCLUSIVE - Worlds Most Popular Box From REVOLUTION

Started by guest2, September 10, 2016, 09:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Revolution Trains – the new company that uses crowd-funding principles to produce niche train models – is teaming up with C-Rail Intermodal to produce the 40' hi-cube container in N.

The 40' hi-cube is now the world's most common container type, and the stepping effect seen when they are mixed with standard height containers is a characteristic feature of intermodal trains. 

So far none of the taller 9'6 containers have been produced at RTR models or kits, so in many ways it's the missing link for those modelling intermodal trains in British N Gauge, and it fits perfectly with our ethos of filling the gaps the mainstream manufacturers can't.

Visitors to the N Gauge International Show at Leamington will be able to view CAD drawings and livery design files.

Although optimised to fit Revolution's forthcoming KFA container flat, this model will be compatible with any suitable wagons already available in N.

The wagons will be offered in six versions selected to reflect the most numerous containers observed in service:

1)     Maersk
[smg id=40334]
2)     MSC
[smg id=40335]
3)     UASC
[smg id=40336]
4)     Hamburg Sud
[smg id=40332]
5)     Evergreen
[smg id=40331]
6)     Hanjin
[smg id=40333]
The CAD work is complete and it is anticipated that the containers will be ready for delivery early next year. 

After laser scanning our first model less than 18 months ago, we now have a complete working Pendolino model ready for approval and our bogie TEA tanker wagons have just left the factory.

We have learned a lot, and feel we have shown that our crowd-funding methodology can work.  Hopefully those who've supported us so far will continue to have faith in our approach, while those who are understandably more cautious might be ready to give it a go.

However, as ever only models that are pre-ordered will be made, so we suggest that anyone who is interested in acquiring these containers keeps an eye on our website so as not to miss the order deadline.

Although we are announcing this, and one other, rolling stock project at TINGS we are not announcing any new motorised models, as we feel modellers deserve to see models actually being delivered before we can justifiably ask them to hand over money for more potential new items.

We are confident that we will be offering at least one or two new powered items at Warley.

Revolution Trains aims to produce models that are considered too niche – or risky -for the mainstream manufacturers by offering an alternative – a crowd-funding community where members can support proposals and watch as these pet projects reach the point of being funded and produced.

cheers

Ben A.

CaleyDave

As someone unable to attend TING's I would like to say thank you for Posting.  :thankyousign:

As a fan of the C-Rail N gauge Kits and having seen their OO gauge RTR products I have no doubts as to what will be the quality of the final product.

I will have one of each! May need to order a few more KFA wagons after all.

martyn

Congratulations on your new range of containers.
However, perhaps I ought to point out that, if you were not aware, Hanjin went into receivership this week, and have a unknown fate......
Martyn

jpendle

Wot!! No Binliners!!

I'll definately be in for some of these, not just for my KFA's.

Thanks,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Ben A

Hi martyn,

Yes - we did notice about Hanjin.

We"re quite relieved our TEA tankers haven't quite left the factory so weren't caught up in it!

However their containers have been a big part of the intermodal scene for many years!

Cheers

Ben A.

Arran

HI All

The 40ft hc cads are done using the OO ones we had shrunk down with some details changes slightly for tolerances.

The first 6 models will be using mostly existing artwork I have on file for OO models with the UASC being art worked for the first time in OO and N for the 40ft.

production will be split between Revolution and =C=Rail=

I will post more updates when I get them but first tooling samples might be here for Warley.

Regards Arran
=C=Rail=

Arran

njee20

Great news. Saw the flier at TINGS today, but you were all busy fielding questions about Pendolinos!

I shall have far too many of them!  :hmmm:

martyn

Hi Ben;
I agree that Hanjin have been a big customer of container trains in the past, and I expect that their boxes will still be in use for some time.
Bet wishes for the new products.
Martyn

Buzzard

Now I really must get on and build the KTA kits I've got around the place somewhere.

Will get a quantity of these containers, some of which will get repainted as I have paint and transfers left over after building a lot of Arran's kits.

Arran

HI All

I've not asked the factory yet but I can get some undecorated containers as some will want to paint there own as will I, as you all know the transfer range is quite large so it can add verity.

Regards Arran

Buzzard

Quote from: Arran on September 11, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
I've not asked the factory yet but I can get some undecorated containers as some will want to paint there own as will I, as you all know the transfer range is quite large so it can add verity.
Alternatively, and this is aimed at Ben and Mike, would it be possible to add an undec version onto the Revolution site so that those that are interested in a mixed order would only need to do the necessary once?

Either way I'll have some unpainted ones.

Nigel

robert shrives

:Class37:
Great news looking forward to weathering MSC - seen some really rusty ones at Lawley St depot. I would up for 5 -10 to aid that stepped view of container trains we all see on the railway today.
Thanks to all involved.
Robert

mickd247

Great news :claphappy:

I too will be buying some of the finished containers, mainly in UASC livery but would also be very interested in the un-decorated versions if available.

:beers:

Mick

jpendle

BUMP

I forgot that the boxes were on sale until I saw a thread in another place today.

This is just a reminder to anyone else with a fading memory. :D

Just bought 8 in assorted liveries.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations