Farish new announcements 2016/17

Started by bluedepot, February 29, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD35

I'm crossing fingers and hoping the blue 37 is of the later buffer beam variety.

Other than that there's a nice selection of freight re-issues.

Apart from an 85 they couldn't have made me any happier than announcing the 40 last year anyway.  :)

Chris Morris

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Greybeema

I'd go for a Southern 319.  Never really run on the North Kent line but I'm sure I can find an excuse...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

NTrain

Guess who isn't releasing a 319 then after all.........

woodbury22uk

Quote from: NTrain on March 01, 2016, 01:30:36 PM

Bob

You have probably got until 2019 to get yours out ahead of Bachmann, going on recent performance.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

maridunian

John Prescott once said "The only people who'll make money out of rail privatisation are the paint producers." Looks like Bachmann are mostly supporting the same cause!

Where are the RTR small industrial steam engines to replace the Minitrix/Bachmann/Rivarossi Docks, Peco Pecketts, Maffeis, Cuckoos, etc? Hornby seem to have clocked the demand in OO, as have several O gauge producers.

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

paulprice

Not a lot there for me  :'( Still the wallet moths wont leave me

Snowwolflair

I have great sympathy for all your aspirations, however, reading over the combined wishlist from the beginning of the thread only about 10% of the suggestions could sell in sufficient quantities to cover the tooling cost.

Its this tooling cost that means every possible livery variant of existing tooling will be considered over a completely new model.

NSE - the focus will tempt new and existing modelers to buy the range - so a good marketing ploy.

I applaud the 319 but its using up three tooling slots of what appears to be a rolling eight tools in development at any one time policy.

I plumped for sound as my guess, as its a drop in upgrade were Farish can buy it in for minimum development cost.  My guessing is a "sound chip" company has sold then a loss leader deal to be seen as the chip supplier for the first N gauge  RTR British sound steam loco.  Lets hope its a Zimo chip or similar with a really good sound scheme.

Keep going Farish where would we be without you.

NB  I would like NEM pockets on everything please

Buzzard

Quote from: Only Me on March 01, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
371-650A             Class 57/3 No. 57306 'Jeff Tracy' in Virgin livery

Opportunity missed to secure a sale from those buying a Pendolino as this is the non Dellner fitted version, in other words only good for the period from June 2002 to October 2003.

Over to you Revolution to commission a Dellner fitted 57 in Virgin colours.  Farish have a Dellner fitted body and both of you have rights to reproduce the Virgin logos etc.

acko22

I think it will only be a matter of time to do a deliner fitter virgin 57.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Steve P of Bachmann confirms that 57306 is Dellner fitted...

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Skyline2uk

The Gas Cupboard just put up some pictures on their Facebook. Looks like the Class 47 NSE set is at least at painted sample. Only thing is the 47 is in older style NSE. Good for variety but I suppose I like the newer version better (as shown on Haymarket).

You can also see the new livery for the postal 47 set.

Interesting to note the sets in 00, including one with a triple grey 20. N gets the underground livery one.

Skyline2uk

Greybeema

Quote from: NTrain on March 01, 2016, 01:30:36 PM

Go on Bob, tell 'em what youre thinking of releasing, go on! go on!...   :claphappy:

Clue maybe?

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Dr Al

To me there are two interesting things about the list - the first is that there's essentially only one fully new tooled model on it (319) - it looks as though the 'still outstanding' list may start to diminish at last as a result - 4MTs and Castles already closing in on being here.

The second is the new tooled chassis for the GWR railcar - not heard this mentioned anywhere else - presumably to make it DCC ready? Interesting that they are still willing to devote retooling time and effort to this old Poole derived model (albeit not too bad a one). I'll be interested to hear how this chassis has been changed, whether it's only DCC or whether it'll get more radical modernisation over the last split version.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Dr Al on March 01, 2016, 02:46:40 PM
To me there are two interesting things about the list - the first is that there's essentially only one fully new tooled model on it (319) - it looks as though the 'still outstanding' list may start to diminish at last as a result - 4MTs and Castles already closing in on being here.

The second is the new tooled chassis for the GWR railcar - not heard this mentioned anywhere else - presumably to make it DCC ready? Interesting that they are still willing to devote retooling time and effort to this old Poole derived model (albeit not too bad a one). I'll be interested to hear how this chassis has been changed, whether it's only DCC or whether it'll get more radical modernisation over the last split version.

Cheers,
Alan

Interesting analysis Alan.

Let's surmise that Farish take another year to consolidate, and all things being well, they have more or less caught up by say this time next year. Do you see a return to a "bonanza" of new announcements next March, or will they react more sensibly and only announce within their means?

As an aside, when do Dapol announce their intentions?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations