!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran-2  (Read 30426 times)

Steamie+

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Port Perran-2
« Reply #675 on: March 13, 2017, 05:49:50 am »
For once it's been a fairly nice afternoon here (if a little windy) so we spent three or four hours at the allotment. On returning, however, we have (at long last) natural sunlight shining through the train room window so I thought I'd take a very short video of Penwinnick Creek (as it is virtually complete now ). I've included a 64xx passing over the girder bridge with a two coach local from Truro to Newquay :
https://youtu.be/_QBwD6nNtTA
The track over the girder bridge needs gluing down still but as the layouts have to be packed away this week to accommodate guests I'll do the gluing when the layouts are brought out again. It's the reason the pannier struggles a bit as it passes over the bridge.

And....as I've now added the bird hide, a still across the creek showing the landing stage on one side and looking towards the small bird hide :

You will soon sort that little problem out with the Bridge Martin   :thumbs:

I love the Bird Hide and the Jetty, just left a comment and like on your video on Youtube Martin, a fantastic job all round for me.    :claphappy: :claphappy:

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #676 on: March 13, 2017, 07:17:56 pm »
Excellent Martin. Mrs Keith by the sea says it looks amazing and could she have a bird hide too?  :doh:

Perhaps Mrs Keith by the Sea should start her own layout. My other half, Lorraine, completed a superb 2ft square scenic  layout some 18 months ago
This might inspire Mrs Keith to have a go :
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23167.msg294625#msg294625

It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #677 on: March 13, 2017, 08:09:26 pm »
As both layouts are being stowed away for a few weeks a final photo of Port Perran for a while. We see a D65xx passing through at the head of Bullied stock forming the 15.05 to Wadebridge (via Trepol Bay). A pannier is busy assembling a later parcels train for N Cornwall:
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #678 on: March 13, 2017, 09:45:52 pm »
Thanks, Martin, for another excellent and interesting photo. That Bulleid set must be preserved to be still carrying BR Crimson & Cream livery that late. (BR SR repainted its coaches into Green very quickly after the regional liveries were introduced.) However, it does make an attractive combination. That particular BRC&W Co. Type 3, D6571, is due to resume operations north of Wadebridge, as well, next month. Until then, its classmate, D6577, has been busy and some photos. of it with a special train will be posted soon.

Offline Biggy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25735
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #679 on: March 16, 2017, 07:36:51 am »
Looking good Martin
Not sure its supposed to do that

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #680 on: April 16, 2017, 09:17:17 am »
Looking forward to some Spring at Port Perran photos., soon, Martin.  :photospleasesign:

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything