drystone walling

Started by brbluewill, December 15, 2011, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

is it possible to make your own ?? has anyone any links of where to get good quality realistic pieces :thumbsup:
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Oldman

December2011 Model Rail magazine Page 65 has a How to. Based on OO but should be interesting to do in N
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EtchedPixels

Quote from: gwrwill on December 15, 2011, 05:24:50 PM
is it possible to make your own ?? has anyone any links of where to get good quality realistic pieces :thumbsup:

How realistic, correct sized stones stacked properly in the correct local style or general ?

For the general case a piece of card, paint it black, dip it in glue and stick larger bits of ballast on both sides (eg OO ballast).
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

brbluewill

cheers ep will try a test piece :thumbsup:

port perran

Have you tried the Lyddle End N Gauge Stone Walling Packs ?
Can often be picked up on ebay.
I use them for Cornish Hedges. I coat the wall sections in Scenic Cement then cover with appropriate shades of green scatter material and a scattering of  tiny shreds of small scale foliage material. Ends up looking quite realistic.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

edwin_m

Ten Commandments make one that looks exactly like a Pennine wall on their website, but unfortunately only in 4mm. 

Pete Mc

How do,did anyone see the layout based on a section of the Settle to Carlisle line at TINGS called Garsdale Head?

On this layout there is a fair amount of dry stone walling on and is made up of what I can only describe as strips of cork underlay cut into thin strips and glued to the scenery on the ends.It looked very effective.

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

brbluewill

just ordered some from langley looks very nice indeed :thumbsup: did see something years ago using cork can't for the life of me remember where ::)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations