!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Any-upon-Ware  (Read 27053 times)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Any-upon-Ware
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2016, 11:10:56 pm »
modualer one
modualer one
 :hellosign: I have taken on board the good advice & think this is definite progress. I really like the curved station so this is a must, the station in the centre is now a (fiddle) yard for my EMU/DMU`s, I have added a station in the bottom for the loop which now goes via 2 helixes & the lower section to the curved station. The second main line shares the new yard but will have it`s own station on the next section, still under  :hmmm: thought. Any comments or suggestions are as always most welcome
regards Derek.

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2016, 09:07:46 am »
Hi Derek,

Two platforms leading to the station building joined to the ferry terminal building makes sense. However, I was thinking that, alternatively, the second platform and the new construction ferry terminal building could be opposite the original single platform and old station building (like Padstow). An inspiration for the new terminal building could be:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Ferry_terminal_and_former_Quay_railway_station,_Weymouth_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1735473.jpg

Seaward side:
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59489000/jpg/_59489520_59489519.jpg

In use, with fuel tankers for the ferry and ferry:

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/w/weymouth_quay/weymouth(john_mann1.1969)quay_old23.jpg

Note Class 03 shunter in the distance.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:11:45 am by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline MrDobilina

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2016, 01:34:01 pm »
Great reference pics :claphappy:

I can just imagine a car chase going on through there haha - yeah my brains weird.

Took me a while to realise the station was disused and was wondering why someone would park like that.

I like the idea of a dock side station, my friend is building a freight dockyard scene, will suggest he takes a look at this thread for some passenger options for workers to get to the docks.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2016, 11:57:04 pm »
Hi Derek,

Two platforms leading to the station building joined to the ferry terminal building makes sense. However, I was thinking that, alternatively, the second platform and the new construction ferry terminal building could be opposite the original single platform and old station building (like Padstow). An inspiration for the new terminal building could be:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Ferry_terminal_and_former_Quay_railway_station,_Weymouth_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1735473.jpg

Seaward side:
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59489000/jpg/_59489520_59489519.jpg

In use, with fuel tankers for the ferry and ferry:

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/w/weymouth_quay/weymouth(john_mann1.1969)quay_old23.jpg

Note Class 03 shunter in the distance.

:hellosign: Chris, thanks for the links, Weymouth, inspiring ideas, back on Scarm on Sat or Sun
regards Derek.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2016, 03:28:35 pm »
Once the docks and associated businesses are up and running, the "Castle Estates" top salesman, Brandon Williams, (also working, on commission, for the Alliance of West Country Breweries and "Sam's Cider" plus other North and West Cornish businesses, as a business 'hunter') will be paying a visit!

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2016, 12:28:39 am »
new anywhere one
new anywhere one

:hellosign: All, my latest updated plan has tweaked the boards slightly hopefully to optimize space. The ferry port & docks are much tidier & we have a station in where the town will be. Extended the modern track by using one double helix, & return loop, I am thinking this track will be at least 100mm higher & totally separate. Much more detail to add but the basics I feel look good. As always comments, suggestions are more than welcome, thanks for looking
regards Derek.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2016, 06:04:29 am »
Looking better and better, Derek. I'd consider making the sidings at the ferry port & docks a bit longer so that they can accommodate a second passenger train and various wagons and vans, including alongside the dock edge, Conflats which can have their Containers loaded onto / unloaded off a ship alongside.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2016, 08:41:58 am »
Hi,

Just to say great you're having docks and a ferry port.

I haven't really read the whole thread through as in what you want to run but agree with Chris in Prague (if this is what he meant) that the lower little siding could go along the dockside ie start at the entrance.

You could then shorten the second siding down for a shunter or whatever and put a platform after it.

Anyway, looking forward to the build.

Cheers weave.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:44:15 am by weave »

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2016, 10:21:24 am »
 :hellosign:  Chris & Weave, thanks for looking. You are both spot on, I have over simplyfide the port making the sidings too short.   :hmmm: Back to Scarm later today & move things around, the imput is most welcome  :thankyousign:
regards Derek.

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2016, 04:32:16 pm »
Looking forward to ships sailing from Trepol Bay to your harbour.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline MrDobilina

• Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2016, 04:33:33 pm »
What kind of scenics are you planning for the right hand board in the loop?

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »
Looking forward to ships sailing from Trepol Bay to your harbour.
:hellosign: Martin, Thanks for the imput, sounds good to me hope it woun`t be too long. At the moment I am thinking NW England ish but this could change
regards Derek.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2016, 05:14:43 pm »
What kind of scenics are you planning for the right hand board in the loop?

:hellosign: MrDobilina, thanks for looking, latest ideas are for countryside with maybe woodland to screen the storage/ fiddle yard
regards Derek.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2016, 06:48:09 pm »
If you settle on NW England, Derek, the "Castle Estates" top salesman, Brandon Williams, (also working, outside Cornwall, on commission, for the Alliance of West Country Breweries, "Sam's Cider", and North and West Cornwall rail-served businesses as a business 'hunter') will be catching a train up there with a van of product samples attached! 8-)

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2016, 09:09:27 pm »
modualer zero
modualer zero
 :hellosign: I have been thinking again  :hmmm:  & here is my latest ideas for the lower section. The main feature is a port & ferry terminal on the centre section also a turntable & sidings. The helixes brings the modern line down for a long run although not (at the moment)  linked. I have included a run round loop for continues running & a small (fiddle) yard in the top corner. I like this a lot & any comments or suggestions are more than welcome, thanks for looking
regards Derek.

Hi Derek,

As I said earlier, I hadn't really read the thread properly and don't want to put a spanner in the works but like this design for the docks more as hadn't seen it.

Also have you decided on an era, location yet? You've said NW possibly but I'd go SW. The Weymouth or Poole or Plymouth or Falmouth to Port Regleun train ferry or just passenger ferry would be great.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Sorry, been on the Sam's cider! hic!

PS Mean it about the layout design. The ferry concept not so sure although like the Rule 1 idea of it.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:12:51 pm by weave »

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything