!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Any-upon-Ware  (Read 25439 times)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Any-upon-Ware
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2016, 11:17:21 pm »
I like it Derek.
As I think I said before, it is a good plan to be able to have a continuous run for when you want to sit and watch trains pass by with the option of each one reversing into the fiddle yard to be replaced by a different one. Plus, of course, you are accommodating a very good sized terminus station.
Very much looking forward to developments.
o

:hellosign: Martin thanks for looking , yes continuous running is probably my number 1 importance for my layout . At the moment a fiddle yard as such is not planned , hopefully the stations will hold most of the stock but more ideas are in the pipeline. Hope to start construction soon
regards Derek,

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:57 am »
I like it Derek.
As I think I said before, it is a good plan to be able to have a continuous run for when you want to sit and watch trains pass by with the option of each one reversing into the fiddle yard to be replaced by a different one. Plus, of course, you are accommodating a very good sized terminus station.
Very much looking forward to developments.
o

:hellosign: Martin thanks for looking , yes continuous running is probably my number 1 importance for my layout . At the moment a fiddle yard as such is not planned , hopefully the stations will hold most of the stock but more ideas are in the pipeline. Hope to start construction soon
regards Derek,
Apologies, I thought the section in the middle was a fiddle yard. My mistake.
It really does look good though and am looking forward to seeing it take place in due course.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2016, 02:48:49 pm »
If I were you (which, of course, I'm not), I'd consider adding (or how to add) a fiddle yard, Derek, as it is amazing how quickly stock increases! 8-)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:28 pm »
 :hellosign:  Martin & Chris, I take insperation from a Japanese layout I have seen on the JNS forum, which has a large yard in the centre where the trains are held in full view in between turns. I have previously designed fiddle yards on the lowest level but seem to look over the top, even for me. I envy the Trepol Bay fiddle yard as everything just nicely fits. I may have to try again as I have a large wish list
regards Derek.

regards Derek

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2016, 11:06:57 pm »
modualer one
modualer one

:hellosign: All, I have taken on board the good advice from Chris in Prague & Port Perran   :thankyousign: gentleman. Had a think & come up with an additional station at the bottom with one track leading to a Helix down to a fiddle yard in progress.

modualer zero
modualer zero

Want to try to keep it simple, still thinking about turning steamers (have 3 so far) but have lots of room to play but will try to avoid going over the top, thanks for looking
regards Derek. 

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2016, 06:35:50 am »
Thanks for the latest update, Derek. I am sure that you'll be pleased to have a fiddle yard. Once you have the station locations fixed you may find that you have room for a turntable with coaling and watering facilities in a corner area?

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2016, 10:03:06 am »
Thanks for the update Derek.
Keep up the good work.
Martin
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
 :hellosign: Chris & Martin thanks for the advice & encouragement it's really appreciated. I have been thinking again  :doh: then it struck me, why does the centre board have to be a station? Why not a yard, Martin your pure genius thank you  :beers: I can then double the storage with ease. More to follow when back on PC later
regards Derek.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »
Hi, Derek, using the centre board as a (behind-the-scenes) fiddle yard (to represent 'elsewhere') is, indeed, an excellent idea, IMHO. If you want another station how about adding a country halt or small country station, elsewhere?

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2016, 07:38:49 pm »
 :hellosign: Chris thanks for your suggestions I have taken it all on board & will be making changes to the track plan although using the same modules in the same order, will update as soon as time allows, again :thankyousign:
regards Derek.

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2016, 07:43:07 pm »
How about a fiddle yard above the middle station ?
If you widen the baseboard a little, you should have room for 5 or 6 sidings ?
Alternatively, 5 or 6 sidings from the left loop(bottom right)  rejoining the main line at top right.  That way you could have several trains made up for circuitous running (in either direction) and run one train after another.
Just my thoughts.
My Layouts -

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2016, 07:57:33 pm »
 :hellosign::thankyousign: Martin I will give these suggestions consideration as soon as am back on Scarm on the PC
regards Derek.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2016, 09:04:38 pm »
modualer zero
modualer zero
 :hellosign: I have been thinking again  :hmmm:  & here is my latest ideas for the lower section. The main feature is a port & ferry terminal on the centre section also a turntable & sidings. The helixes brings the modern line down for a long run although not (at the moment)  linked. I have included a run round loop for continues running & a small (fiddle) yard in the top corner. I like this a lot & any comments or suggestions are more than welcome, thanks for looking
regards Derek.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2016, 09:10:07 pm »
Hi Derek,

Yes, this looks very good. The harbour reminds me a bit of Padstow. It might be worth looking at a trackplan of Padstow: http://www.freetrackplans.com/images/x_Padstow_2.jpg

You could fit in a single platform station, like Padstow, up from the ferry terminal, at the end of the straight section, I think?

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2016, 10:09:29 pm »
 :hellosign: Chris, thanks for the Padstow track plan, gives more food for thought.  :hmmm: My idea would see two platforms leading to the station building joined to the ferry terminal building. Hope this makes sense. I would imagine this to possibly be in a similar location to Holyhead or Heysham pre 1970 just my thoughts
regards Derek. 

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £90.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
164% 
November Donations

Advertise Here