Farish 2015/6 range announcement..

Started by scruff, March 01, 2015, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Brooksy on March 02, 2015, 01:29:47 PM
8 (eight) new Pullman coaches too - named ones being Pearl, Ruby, Robin and Thrush. They've diversified into birds!

Can they all be run in one train together? I notice the roofs are different colours....

red_death

The Queen Mary and Inspection Saloons were NGS commissions which we had 2(?) years exclusivity on.

A very conservative set of announcements from Farish.

I'll be interested when their sound fitted 108 arrives if it is actually the first factory fitted DCC sound UK model  ;)

Cheers, Mike

Bob Tidbury

If I am reading the site correctly it looks like I won't be buying any more Steam Locos they all appear to be DCC onboard and I am DC only Are they trying to force us old uns to go DCC if I did I would be sending Locos back for repair every week from all the crashes I would be having as I wouldn't remember all the numbers and codes for everything ,plus the prices are getting rather high  this only makes the cost of the Poppylino ,which I'm getting for next Chistmas and 2016 Birthday an even better price I'm glad I Managed to persuade Val to let me pledge for it .
Bob

talisman56

The NGS Queen Mary Brake van is a model of the new construction vans, not the original LBSC 'Milk Van' conversions (known as 'Gondolas' by the staff of the time), these had a different chassis, bogies and body style. If they are giving the history of the conversions then they may be a different tooling model, but I'm not holding my breath on that...

If the Inspection Saloons are to be on general issue then it looks like the NGS exclusivity period has expired, or will soon do so. Perhaps an NGS official could confirm? Oh, they did...

I see that this has slipped in 'under the radar' - will be interesting to see which one is proposed and whether the coaches and appropriate markings will be correct:

374-991 Bulleid Three Coach Set in BR (SR) Green

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Karhedron

Pretty underwhelmed. Nothing new for GWR/WR modellers at all.  :thumbsdown:

The only scrap of interest is that they are now producing the Hwksworth coaches in choc'n'cream as well as crimson and cream (they would have been daft not to really).
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: scruff on March 01, 2015, 10:22:27 PM
:hellosign: I must be missing something...

Farish/Bachmann are announcing their new 2015/6 range tomorrow and there is no thread on the subject that I can find on here...  :hmmm: :confused1:

Yours puzzledly  :D
Mark

You mean "2017-2019" range I think
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

About time the people in the Drawing Office pulled their collective fingers out :unimpressed: :veryangry:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: acko22 on March 02, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
Complete list looks better!!!
No surprise a 66 is in there! But class 20 pairs sounds like a good offering!

Ok queen mary brake van and inspection saloon were they ngs commissioned models?

I believe the society got some kind of limited period exclusivity not permanent.

Class 20 pairs I think is good, but better would be one motorised one with a big speaker in it  8). I am glad to see the DMU with DCC sound out of the box has finally ended up somewhere.  Hopefully that'll have a decent decoder and a cube speaker.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Vonzack

As a modern image modeller I'm liking the Colas 60 / DB Schenker 66 and the DRS 66.

Nice to see the Class 20 twin pack with the weed killing coaches and tanks. Pity they haven't thought to do a twin pack in a DRS livery to go with the flask wagons already produced. I'd also vote for one powered and one dummy ready for sound.

Hopefully, as most of the items are existing models, we have a good chance of seeing them in 2015/16, fingers crossed.

Ollie3440

Interesting set of announcements.

I'm surprised a comment has not yet come up about the J72 which was announced by Dapol sometime ago. Now will we have another B1 and 66 on our hands where both come to market? Whatever happens I imagine a very slow race between the two!

Thankfully it would appear to be a cheap year for me. Chocolate/Cream Hawksworths are a welcome addition but I'm most pleased about the plank wagons being produced in Big 4 liveries. Aside from those there isn't a huge amount that is going on my pre-order list.

Another little thing I've noticed is that the next batch of Mk1 SKs have been announced with the product code for the older style coaches (printed sides).....

Cheers,

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

ChrisWV10

Colas 60 & Schenker 66 will do me :thumbsup:

Interesting to see the 108 with sound. Price tba but I bet it won't be cheap.

Not much in the way of modern image (and modern standard!) DMU's sadly, just the 150. Maybe next year... :(

MJKERR

As I suspected, a period of consolidation for Farish and catch up with previously announced releases

From memory there are two updates each year now, so the second may have more new items

Once the ScotRail 47/7 and DBSO have been released I can then start on my repaints, as there won't be any more 37/4 or 47/4 in the next 2 years

norfolkguy83

Id love to see King class KING EDWARD 2 and Battle of Britain Tangmere..
Andy :)

Zunnan

Quote from: Ollie3440 on March 02, 2015, 02:16:36 PM
I'm surprised a comment has not yet come up about the J72 which was announced by Dapol sometime ago.....

To be brutally honest, Dapol were never going to be on to a winner when they announced the J72. In fact I said to them on their exhibition stand that it was a bad idea as it was only a matter of time before Farish shrink the Bachmann model. The only surprise is that Farish didn't announce it last year, as I had expected.

The 40 is definitely long overdue, especially now that the 00 model has been corrected so the shrink ray version should be spot on.

IC livery Mk1 coaches are a good call, especially for those who have bought Duchess of Hamilton. The only pity is there is no Mk1 FO and RU (should be an RBR but who's being picky when its not being made...) being released in the livery so that the charter rakes can be recreated...albeit with a rebrand and roof repaint. The biggest grin for me though is the handful of Maroon Mk1 coaches with no crap weathering ruining them!

The exclusivity running out on the NGS models is a good thing, it means that to get one you don't have to pay the ridiculous profiteer prices on Ebay for the liveries that have sold out. I'll be glad to finally be able to get my hands on a Blue/Grey saloon, but I bet it'll cost more than the NGS sold them for. I'm glad I ordered a maroon one when I did, the Farish one should be numbered differently though, so another may appear. What it also means is that the tooling has been done, so all they need is livery samples and production, so at least these should be seen sooner than later!
Like a Phoenix from the ashes...morelike a rotten old Dog Bone

Newportnobby

Quote from: norfolkguy83 on March 02, 2015, 02:55:53 PM
Id love to see King class KING EDWARD 2 and Battle of Britain Tangmere..

Dapol are doing the BoB - just don't ask me when :no: :unimpressed:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations