Your amusing layout details

Started by GT VIRUS, October 05, 2011, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT VIRUS

Either on your scene or others, I love having a good chuckle at some scenes, so let's see them!

Newportnobby

How about this scene on "The North of England Line" at the Blackpool show?

Mustermark

Brilliant. That's original.

I want to get a ploice box and have Dr Who on my layout someday.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

longbridge

I have a nudist colony that is fenced off and a peeping tom is looking through a knot hole on the fence, I will be putting it on the layout as soon as I get things sorted out.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

elmo

Quote from: Mustermark on October 05, 2011, 09:01:17 PM
Brilliant. That's original.

I want to get a ploice box and have Dr Who on my layout someday.

At the Salisbury model railway exhibition this year an 00 layout had been taken over by some daleks!

Dock Shunter

Sprintex

Don't have much detail done on mine yet, in fact most of the scenery needs doing!!  :-\

However, the one area I have had a go at detailing is the shunter's shed in the Dairy. Still not finished hence the bowed window frame and the loose roof, still have internal beams and lights to add plus workbench, tools, etc. The untidy git has left the hosepipe laying around after I've told him numerous times not to, and the calendar next to the technical diagram of the 04 looks decidedly 'dodgy' to me - luckily the photo is a bit fuzzy, but believe me it's clear enough when you see it in the flesh (literally)  ;)

;D

Paul

upnick

Quote from: oldrailbug on October 05, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
I have a nudist colony that is fenced off and a peeping tom is looking through a knot hole on the fence, I will be putting it on the layout as soon as I get things sorted out.

Nah oldrailbug you  bought a pack of unpainted  figures &  for ease created  a  nudist  colony feature ...........   saving paint &  time    :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

longbridge

;D ;D ;D In that case Nick it must have been my warped mind :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

elmo

Quote from: upnick on October 06, 2011, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on October 05, 2011, 09:08:49 PM

Nah oldrailbug you  bought a pack of unpainted  figures &  for ease created  a  nudist  colony feature ...........   saving paint &  time    :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

No no please, in this stupid overtly politically correct dictatorship we have in this country modelscene unpainted figures will be consigned to the top shelf pending an out right ban. And how dare they not make people in other colours - the ethnic diversity police will be watching.

longbridge

Actually my nudist colony figures were made by Preiser.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

upnick

Quote from: oldrailbug on October 07, 2011, 11:11:34 AM

Reminds me Dave i  need to   look  at  purchasing a box of preiser figures  in the future   :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on October 07, 2011, 11:11:34 AM

Is Preiser German for "without clothes"?? ::) ;D

silly moo

Hi,

I couldn't resist buying some Preiser tigers and they appear on the club layout escaping from a circus box van. One tiger has migrated to the layout's golf course and is chasing some young ladies across the greens.

There is a Tradis that travels around the layout and an Area 52 complete with assorted flying saucers which also appear and reappear in various locations.

You will be able to deduce that we are not rivet counters!

Regards,

Veronica.

MinZaPint

Hi

You guys take pictures? share your fun. my layouts bare boards and track at the moment but I'll try and have something to share later.

Happy Modelling
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations